A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
Primary Purpose & Overall Objective of the Job:
- Direct support of all manufacturing process equipment at the bioMerieux, Inc. Durham Manufacturing Facility.
- Performing preventive/corrective maintenance activities.
- Mechanical and/or electrical troubleshooting of specialized & highly automated process equipment.
- Champion failure root cause analysis.
- Take an active role in the continuous improvement of departmental systems/infrastructure.
- Be an active contributor to the Production Maintenance & Reliability team.
- Maintain production equipment to perform as designed.
- Support production to achieve output goals.
- Deliver a quality product.
Context of Job & Major Challenges:
- Performs, documents, and improves procedures and Preventative Maintenance Activities.
- Maintains / Operates (and as necessary troubleshoots) highly automated manufacturing equipment with minimal supervision within a team environment.
- Performs corrective maintenance activities as necessary and in compliance with site documentation and change control requirements.
- Champions root cause analysis and continuous improvement to equipment /systems driving toward increasing reliability and minimizing the incidence of unplanned downtime to production equipment.
- Demonstrates the behaviors of being a self-starter who is organized, detailed, conscientious, and ambitious.
- Models behaviors such as being a team player with a positive attitude, approaching projects/tasks with a sense of ownership, and developing and improving the skill level and behaviors of others.
- Performs and documents preventative maintenance activities with an eye towards constant improvement of existing procedures/processes.
- Performs documentation requirements in a cGMP compliant manner in accordance with applicable Quality Policies.
- Responsible to follow all site Safety Policies/OSHA policies including requirements as related to personal protection equipment as needed to perform routine and non-routine duties.
- Performs documentation requirements in a cGMP compliant manner in accordance with Quality Policies.
- Takes an active / leading role in continuous equipment improvement as well as infrastructure improvement toward the implementation of sustainable reliability based maintenance program.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in addition to autonomously as required.
- Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office tools (Word & Excel).
- Effectively communicates within the team both verbally and written.
Studies, Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Associates degree in electronics technology or related trade, or
- 2 - 4 years of maintenance experience focused on support of production equipment required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a cGMP environment desired.
- Ability to read ladder logic, troubleshoot PLC’s, electrical systems, and AC/DC drive systems AND/OR Strong mechanical skills, proficient at machining, welding and fabricating
- Experienced in the operation of high speed, highly automated, production equipment (in a GMP environment within the last 6 years).
- Basic Computer Skills required; must be experienced and proficient in the use of:
- Windows Operating Systems
- Basic Microsoft Office tools (specifically Word & Excel)
- Excellent documentation and communication skills (written & verbal).
- Strong attention to detail and GMP experience.
- Ability to work successfully autonomously and as an active contributor on a team/shift.
- Willingness to work towards driving improvement within and external to the department as a Maintenance & Reliability team representative.
- Ability to climb stairs to perform work on the mezzanine.
- Required to routinely lift 30 lbs.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts on a 2/2/3 schedule.
- Ability to work overtime (including weekend / holiday work) as required.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.