A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
Primary Purpose and Overall Objectives of the Job
The Compensation Manager will manage the organization's compensation programs by overseeing and administering compensation related tasks and contributing to the overall compensation function.
- Develops, implements, administers compensation policies, procedures, practices, and programs.
- Reviews and recommends appropriate salary rate offers for new hires and promotions.
- Oversees the participation of compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive salary information to determine company’s competitive position.
- Applies job evaluation techniques to establish equitable compensation rates within the organization as compared with rates in industry
- Reviews proposed salary adjustments following established guidelines, policies and practices.
- May participate in corrective or alternative actions to resolve compensation-related problems.
- Leads the region in annual salary administration programs, including salary structure maintenance and development of incentive or salary increase budgets.
- Reviews requests for new or revised classifications to determine appropriate salary grade assignment.
- Participates in recommendations regarding development of company salary structure, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) exemptions, job revisions and organizational structures.
- Provides guidance to line managers and HR team on all compensation issues
- Interprets local, state, and federal laws regulating compensation practices.
- Ensures that all compensation-related activities are in compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
- Leads and directs a team of compensation analysts.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years of corporate compensation experience required plus 2+ years of direct management experience
- High proficiency in Excel
- Effective oral and written communication with all levels of the organization with an emphasis on internal customer experience
- Must be self-directing and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to foster team work and collaboration across departments/functions
- Analytical thinking skills
- Detail Oriented
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential matters\
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.