Primary Purpose and Overall Objectives of the Job
The Compensation Manager will manage the organization's compensation programs by overseeing and administering compensation related tasks and contributing to the overall compensation function.
- Develops, implements, administers compensation policies, procedures, practices, and programs.
- Reviews and recommends appropriate salary rate offers for new hires and promotions.
- Oversees the participation of compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive salary information to determine company’s competitive position.
- Applies job evaluation techniques to establish equitable compensation rates within the organization as compared with rates in industry
- Reviews proposed salary adjustments following established guidelines, policies and practices.
- May participate in corrective or alternative actions to resolve compensation-related problems.
- Leads the region in annual salary administration programs, including salary structure maintenance and development of incentive or salary increase budgets.
- Reviews requests for new or revised classifications to determine appropriate salary grade assignment.
- Participates in recommendations regarding development of company salary structure, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) exemptions, job revisions and organizational structures.
- Provides guidance to line managers and HR team on all compensation issues
- Interprets local, state, and federal laws regulating compensation practices.
- Ensures that all compensation-related activities are in compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
- Leads and directs a team of compensation analysts.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years of corporate compensation experience required plus 2+ years of direct management experience
- High proficiency in Excel
- Effective oral and written communication with all levels of the organization with an emphasis on internal customer experience
- Must be self-directing and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to foster team work and collaboration across departments/functions
- Analytical thinking skills
- Detail Oriented
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential matters\
Working at bioMérieux means being involved long term with a pioneering, visionary and constantly growing company that allows its employees to live a stimulating and inspiring experience in a fulfilling work environment.
Our internal mobility policy offers numerous opportunities for each of our 13,000 employees to blossom throughout their career, while respecting each employee’s individual talents as well as their personal and professional development.
At bioMérieux, over 200 professions - both scientific and non-scientific - offer our employees the opportunity to broaden their fields of expertise and develop cross-functional careers. We provide a rewarding experience in an international company that brings together talents from diverse backgrounds, thus fostering a daily aspiration to go beyond the limits.
Helping improve public health around the world : our mission gives purpose to every profession practiced within the Company.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.