At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Technical Writer!
This position is part of a team working on a variety of laboratory procedures involving real-time PCR using established methods and techniques under general guidance. Performs general lab duties, designs and conducts experiments, collects and analyzes data, and keeps an accurate record of all work done in the laboratory notebook. Requires some problem-solving skills. Normally receives no instructions on routine work, general instructions on all new assignments. Reports to the Systems Validation Manager and the Associate Director of Systems Validation.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BFDX’s Quality System.
2. Performs lab duties and experiments.
3. Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses relating to real-time PCR.
4. Contributes to project process within his/her scientific discipline.
5. May participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific journals.
6. May be responsible for identifying patentable inventions.
7. Ensures that laboratory notebooks for assigned projects/experiments are maintained in accordance with BFDX Employment Handbook.
Training and Education:
May require a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent and demonstrated working knowledge of scientific principles.
- Experience: 2-5 years experience in the field or related area.