At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Marketing Communications Coordinator II!
Working under the direction of the Marketing Communications (MarCom) Manager and the senior MarCom Coordinators, the MarCom Coordinator II serves in a support role to Product Marketing Managers (PMs) and other project requestors outside of the department for the coordination and the completion of projects assigned to the Marketing Communication Team. This position performs administrative tasks, taking meeting minutes/action items, helping create presentations in completion of tasks/projects, and performing follow-up. MarCom Coordinator II also assists employees in other departments as required by the project/program. Projects are usually small to medium, moderately complex projects needing minimal managerial support but may need management review and stakeholder vetting. Coordinator supports project staff by facilitating project logistics such as meetings, conference rooms, conference calls, etc.
MarCom Coordinator II should be comfortable taking the lead in meetings and projects, be able to condense information into a cohesive plan, and be able to effectively communicate and execute those plans. Completion of essential job duties and responsibilities will require some managerial support and oversight.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist PMs, MarCom managers, and teams in recognizing and executing project requirements.
- Assist PMs, MarCom managers, and teams in drafting project proposals, design input documentation, project plans, schedules, presentations, technical reviews, etc.
- Report relevant project information to relevant parties (e.g., project status, issues impacting the project, etc.).
- Attend meetings and take minutes, record action items and key decisions.
- Work collaboratively with the project/program team.
- Use project management scheduling and control tools to monitor project plans and scheduled milestones.
- Track and manage change notices and change orders.
- Maintain project documentation, and ensures that appropriate documentation is complete at project close.
- Manages small to medium projects with low to medium complexity and some managerial oversight.
- Learn the brand identity and help to ensure brand consistency.
- Train other department members on proper and effective process execution
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
Training & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, marketing, communications, or related fields required.
- Master’s degree in project management, business management, or related field preferred.
2+ years experience coordinating multiple projects with extended timelines, moderate complexity, and some problem-solving to complete execution in project management, marketing, communications, or in a related field.
Knowledge, Skill, & Abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with Workfront project management software is a plus.
- Able to condense information into a cohesive plan, and be able to effectively and efficiently communicate and help execute those plans under the direction of the MarCom Manager or other senior staff.
- Self-motivated, and able to manage time effectively.
- Ability to complete work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to listen to feedback to hone skills and improve designs
- Ability to function equally under own initiative as well as under specific instructions
- Ability to work independently and efficiently as part of a fast-paced team
- Ability to adjust to changes in scheduling and general flexibility in the work environment
- Clear and transparent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to stay positive and calm in stressful situations
- Critical listening skills and an ability to recognize important and high-level information.
- Organization and extreme attention to detail
- Can effectively work as part of a team, contribute positively to the team with a helpful and respectful attitude
The ability to occasionally lift 15-20 pounds; remain seated for extended periods of time; and travel short distances often and quickly (i.e., from one meeting to another). Ability to maintain mental focus for extended periods of time.