A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
- Lead verification, validation, feasibility and troubleshooting studies for existing bioMérieux Industry Scientific Affairs customers (internal and external) and potential new customers.
- Lead the timely completion of development and support projects.
- Demonstrate good time management and organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively communicate and work well in a team environment.
- Provides support in performing experimental activities and method development by executing routine and experiment specific tasks.
- Assures compliance of procedures to established protocols and quality standards.
- Applies scientific principles and techniques to tasks and experiments.
- Responsible for data entry and collection.
- Participate in the careful execution of protocols.
- Generates documentation detailing established protocols and procedures in accordance with standards.
- Produces summary reports for all studies.
- Produces customer presentations around those summary reports as needed.
- Produces technical proof sources/posters/oral presentations from data collected.
- Interfaces with customers on an as needed basis.
- Some travel required
Studies, Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Masters degree or higher in Biology preferably Microbiology or 1+ years laboratory experience after a technical degree
- Ability to run biological, biochemical, immunological, and molecular biology experiments
- Laboratory safety
- Understanding of lab procedures and standard laboratory equipment
- Ability to acquire and perform new laboratory techniques
- Good communication skills in verbal and written English
- Good computer skills (i.e. Excel and MS Word)
- Good organizational skills
- Prolonged standing
- Assist with the emergency evacuation and egress of other individuals experiencing emergency events (for example: loss of consciousness)
- Ability to work with different kinds of food for conducting microbiological experiments
- Ability to work with different food materials and handle food enriched cultures.
- Ability to manage routine laboratory activities
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.