A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
This is a Senior Software Testing position. This individual will work with software-development staff, under direction of the Test Lead, to develop, execute, and maintain software-verification tests (both manual and automated), detect and analyze defect data, and generate/maintain documentation of all test efforts.
- Significant knowledge of software quality and testing methodologies
- Experience working in Agile software-development environments and methodologies
- Solid ability to analyze use cases, user stories, and test cases for validity and clarity
- Solid ability to design & develop manual test cases, execute both manual and automated test cases, and document the results
- Solid ability to detect and analyze defects and inconsistencies
- Solid understanding of software quality, testing methodologies, and modern test automation
- Understanding of database concepts
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong teamwork, communication, and collaboration skills
- Capacity to think critically and apply that to problem-solving
- Effective work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Good time-management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to assist validation and field-related support activities as directed
- Ability to advise / coach junior members of the team
- Assists Test Lead, as needed, in project planning, task estimation, etc.
- Assists, as needed, with efforts to assess and deploy testing tools and automation frameworks
- May assist Management, as needed, with efforts to drive continuous improvement of test processes and software quality
- May support efforts in creating, revising, and/or maintaining test-related SOPs and guidelines (as directed)
- Stays informed on industry trends in software testing; may attend test-related conferences as directed
- May travel to local customer sites for informational and educational purposes, as directed
Studies, Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related scientific or engineering discipline and/or equivalent professional experience
- 3-7 years of professional experience in modern software development and/or software testing
- Experience in an ISO/FDA regulated environment as a member of a product-development organization (medical-device or biotech industry) preferred
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.