Description At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Field Application Specialist Manager
for our South and Southeast Regions!
This Manager will be responsible for managing assigned direct reports, and overseeing the duties of all Field Application Specialist. Maintain the communication link between the departments of Marketing, Sales, and Technical Support, that would affect the responsibilities of the FAS Team. Directly working with the FAS Director(s), or equivalent.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to carry out the responsibilities of a Field Application Specialist (FAS).
- Responsible for the direct reports of the FAS and FAS Leads, within each region assigned.
- Approval of time sheets, vacation/sick leave, and schedule arrangements for FAS and FAS Leads.
- Maintain an ongoing communication with the FAS Leads, to delegate information to the FAS, within each region.
- Continue to support customer relationships.
- Travel up to 80% to interface with new hires, customers, attend tradeshows, and demonstrate products.
- Work with direct sales team and distribution partners to increase sales throughout the different regions
- Provide feedback to marketing managers targeted at improving the overall product offering.
- Track all activity in current CRM tool for each region.
- Respond promptly and accurately to technical support calls or emails as requested by Technical Support function.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BFDX’s Quality System.
- Perform basic service applications and troubleshooting with hardware, software, and customer data analysis
- Review new and/or updated documents relating to any use of a Field Application Specialist.
- Review, in part, new and/or updated hardware and software developments related to future use of the Field Application Specialist.
- Continue to create and edit documentation and/or workflows for continued customer satisfaction.
- Schedule periodic follow-ups with assigned direct reports, within the field
- Work directly with the Sales Managers and FAS team to optimize the ability of installation to a “go live” date, and help maintain annual revenue quotas and forecasts.
Training and Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferable in a scientific discipline.1-3 years of experience in a Field Applications Support role. 1-5 years of supervisory or management role, preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of experience in a Field Applications Support role. Previous supervisory and/or management experience is preferred.
- Ability to multi task, between daily responsibilities and management of the regional FAS teams.
- Familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures in the Clinical Laboratory, Molecular Biology and Infectious Disease testing.
- Must be comfortable addressing an audience and have well-developed presentation skills.
- Must be highly skilled at communication both written and verbal and should be able to interact with a variety of scientific levels from novice to expert.
- Should be able to lift and maneuver up to 60 lbs.
- Extensive travel up to 80%. Should be able to handle the physical stress of frequent travel.