A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
***$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED***
The Associate Field Systems Engineer is responsible for managing all service needs of bioMerieux customers within their assigned geographic territory, as well as nationally, on an as-needed basis, utilizing appropriate tools and test equipment. This position requires someone who is a self-starter with the ability to deliver a best-in-class customer experience while working remotely without direct supervision. The ability to travel extensively within the US, on short-notice, is critical during the first 24 months of employment due to the fast paced training and support expectations.
- Territory Management:
- Respond expediently to all requests for customer needs via professional written and/or verbal communications ensuring all instrument service requests are fulfilled within the assigned geographic territory, or nationally if needed.
- Demonstrate good territory management skills, utilizing sound business judgement, while coordinating installations, preventive and corrective maintenance, moves, upgrades, and removals of all instruments trained on, requesting support as needed, in order to meet customer and business objectives.
- Utilize strong electro-mechanical and computer skills to diagnose and repair instrument issues to the board or subassembly level ensuring all instruments serviced operate optimally in all performance areas.
- Develop a strong rapport with locally supported customer base, becoming a trusted advisor, while promoting the value and benefits of service agreements, other bioMerieux services and instruments, communicating potential sales opportunities to the appropriate team.
- Routinely contact Purchase Order Required customers regarding needs for routine Preventive Maintenance service events on their non-contract covered instruments, helping drive business revenue objectives.
- Administrative Responsibilities:
- Accurately complete instrument service work orders and all associated quality assurance checklists for each service event in a timely manner, documenting all activities completed at the customer site as well as any additional actions needed to resolve all customer concerns.
- Complete all assigned internal training requirements within expected timelines.
- Maintain an accurate calendar of scheduled events, including training classes and vacation, within the designated service management system to reflect available and non-available times.
- Submit travel related expense reports on a routine basis so as not to incur late fees or penalties.
- Other Related Duties:
- Maintain and control ready on-hand spare parts inventory at levels compatible with repair activities and department financial objectives.
- Strive for continuous self-improvement of knowledge of bioMerieux policies, procedures, inter-personal skills, as well as instrument service and operation techniques.
- Maintain company issued vehicle to include routine cleaning and servicing per scheduled maintenance cycle.
- Maintain and safeguard all company owned assets to include laptop, cell phone, iPad, hand tools and calibrated test equipment to facilitate daily job functionality.
- Represent bioMerieux in a professional manner at all times through adherence to documented Standards of Performance.
- Achieve or exceed all Measured Business Objectives as established on an annual basis.
- Partner with sales and applications counterparts to deliver the highest level of customer experience possible to existing and potential bioMerieux customers.
- Provide support at trade shows on an as needed basis.
Studies and Experience:
- Technical school or military technical training equivalent in Electronic Technology or Computer Science.
- Biomedical training or Associates degree in an engineering discipline a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work on electro-mechanical, electronic, computer, electrical and vacuum systems.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient in operation of Microsoft Windows and Office Suite of products
- Experience in host/remote communications and network systems preferred
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license in state of residence
- Fundamental knowledge of the principles and practices of laboratory operations
- Ability to operate in an organized manner in an autonomous work environment without direct daily supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Territory management over a large geographic area
- Time management
- Ability to safely lift up to 50lbs.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.