A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
The purpose of this job is to maintain and establish growth of the current Immunoassay Medicine customer base and create new business opportunities through the placement of instruments and reagents leading to increased revenues for the company. The Immunoassay Diagnostics Specialist II is directly responsible for achieving the territory sales goals and maintaining existing customers within a territory as defined by bioMerieux. At Specialist Level II, the Immunoassay Diagnostics Specialist takes on additional responsibilities as directed by the Immunoassay Diagnostics Business Manager and as further described within this document.
- Create and execute business plan to achieve or exceed territory growth per company plan and drive new business revenue through selling new instruments and reagents. Identify High Value targets in geographical territory.
- Identify High Value targets in geographical territory
- Develop strategy and individual responsibilities to close sales of all High Value targets.
- Maintain existing customer business to minimize lost business.
- Manage pipeline to ensure timing of closes matches Monthly Forecast & Quarterly Business Plan.
- Coordinate activity of Technical Consultant(s) in context of business plan.
- Monitor monthly sales as reported in SRS for accuracy and adjust action plans to account for shortages towards goal achievement.
- Provide technical expertise/assistance in product line as required in sales process.
- Support and/or deliver key sales presentations/demonstrations where required.
- Communicate with customers on product line technical issues where required.
- Cultivate and maximize performance of distributor network(s).
- Establish working relationships with all distributor representatives in defined region.
- Develop joint business strategy to convert targeted new business opportunities.
- Train and educate representatives where necessary.
- Maintain and track progress toward business plan.
- Develop relationships with key customers/opinion leaders within defined territory.
- Identify key opinion leaders/reference sites within defined region.
- Establish relationships with these identified opinion leaders/reference accounts.
- Leverage relationships to expand existing business within defined region.
- Serve as liaison between Marketing and Sales.
- Channel competitive information gathered in field to marketing and sales team
- Implement and participate in pilot projects with new product launche
- Identify, to marketing, key opinion leaders within defined region.
- Administrative Accountabilities:
- Submit monthly pipeline management & forecast reports
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews with the Microbiology Business Manager
- Submit expense reports on a weekly basis.
- Maintain customer records in SFA on a daily basis for all accounts in their database.
- Close all appointments with notes and update milestones on a daily basis.
- Achieve minimum forecast accuracy for US dollars on a monthly basis, as defined in the annual Immunoassay Diagnostics Specialist performance expectations..
Studies, Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- BS/BA desired, degree in science / business related field preferred.
- Microbiology knowledge and/or knowledge of clinical lab operations preferred, but not required.
- Sales Experience required, minimum of 2 years selling experience; capital equipment sales preferred.
- Formal sales competency training course preferred (e.g., SPIN, Strategic Selling, BASE)
- Knowledge of bioMerieux products preferred, but not required
- Team player attitude: ability to build consensus among team members/collaborate with other team members ( discuss previous successes)
- Working knowledge of computers; Microsoft WORD, Excel, PowerPoint knowledge required; Microsoft Access knowledge preferred, but not required. Familiarity with PDAs a plus.
- Must be able to become certified in Microbiology product-line within 6 months of hire.
- Excellent selling, organization, communication and presentation skills required. Candidate should be prepared to demonstrate above skills during the interview process.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.