A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
bioMérieux is present in 44 countries and serves more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l’Étoile, near Lyon, in France.
Joining bioMérieux is choosing to be a part of an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a human-centered corporate culture.
Our Company offers numerous opportunities for professional development. You want to help save lives across the globe? Join the 13,000 employees of bioMérieux!
The Product Manager is responsible for the marketing activities for the Immuno-diagnostics portfolio and will design, adapt and implement a market strategy to ensure continued growth and profitability for bioMérieux in a dynamic and competitive marketplace. This is a part of the METER Cluster Team and reports directly to the Clinical Marketing Manager for METER.
This role will be based in Riyadh and will require routine customer facing travel (50%+) within KSA, Middle East and Near East.
What will your responsibilities be within bioMérieux?
- Provide marketing support for KSA, ME & NE and contribute towards the achievement of commercial targets for the product range through strategic marketing (M4i Process), as well as operational product management activities (market analysis, preparation of launches, go-to-market activities, distributor development, forecast, allocations etc., as part of supply chain management).
- Develop Marketing Plans by preparing and proposing commercial targets for the product range for considered review and approval. Management and control of costs, revenues and profitability for the product range.
- Spend time in the field on a regular basis (+50% of time) subject to operational demands, working both independently and together with the commercial team/distributor teams in support of the business, to prepare compelling and credible ‘why buy’ messaging and argumentation, and market test before market product launch.
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with KOL’s and other stakeholders across the region. Understand how the communication to the market is performed. Define new communication objectives and develop the regional brand communication plan in line with corporate strategies. Organize meetings with experts and participate to congresses/road shows, perform demonstrations, product trainings.
- Support and compliment key business functions within the organization, in order to maintain and validate the product offer; monitor the plan versus organization capabilities to deliver and adjust as appropriate to deliver the offer. (Sales forecasts, logistics, service /support, sales administration etc.)
- Draw conclusion from market analysis and determine/anticipate competitors strategies (pricing, communication, etc.); forecast the future market in order to identify CSF, positioning and develop comprehensive action plans; propose and recommend new strategies.
- Partner with Commercial teams, Global and EMEA Marketing, to contribute and participate in METER Cluster and Corporate meetings, local customer, user group and international congress and symposia.
- Launch of new products/instrument/services following the launch process. Ownership of Market Product Launch and knowledge transfer to the Commercial team and distributors.
Who are you?
Typical Studies and Experience
- Higher scientific education (PHD, Masters or similar)
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the IVD field with a strong understanding of mainstream IVD techniques (particularly Immunoassay).
- Proven Product Management/Marketing essential and Sales background desirable.
- Current Industry knowledge and of our customers (public/private laboratories) & local reimbursement mechanisms as appropriate, operating within a regulated diagnostic marketplace.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong communication skills, able to share product/market knowledge with and enthuse the Commercial/Service & business support teams. Enthusiastic & highly committed to succeed, organization & planning skills.
- Ability to understand laboratory workflow, able to discuss with KOL as peers, design and deliver presentations, organize local meetings, comfortable working within an international matrix organization.
- Emotionally intelligent, a flexible team player, analytical in thinking, strong customer/patient focus & results oriented.
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Travel time: +50%
Working at bioMérieux means being involved long term with a pioneering, visionary and constantly growing company that allows its employees to live a stimulating and inspiring experience in a fulfilling work environment
Our internal mobility policy offers numerous opportunities for each of our 13 000 employees to blossom throughout their career, while respecting each employee’s individual talents as well as their personal and professional development.
At bioMérieux, over 200 professions - both scientific and non-scientific - offer our employees the opportunity to broaden their fields of expertise and develop cross-functional careers. We provide a rewarding experience in an international company that brings together talents from diverse backgrounds, thus fostering a daily aspiration to go beyond the limits.
Helping improve public health around in the world : our mission gives purpose to every profession practiced within the company.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.