At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Portfolio Specialist!
The primary job of the Project, Program & Portfolio Management Specialist is to support the Program Management team in providing consistency and best practices in the management of R&D programs and projects, in terms of timelines and budget. The role requires continued optimization of current processes and tools used by program managers for timeline and budget activities. Additionally, this position builds and maintains portfolio dashboards required across all projects ensuring consistency and effectiveness of the projects and programs meeting the needs of the company. The Project, Program & Portfolio Management Specialist will work with department leadership to establish strategy for processes, tools (mainly Explor tool), training, and standards to support strategic planning, budgeting and reporting for the portfolio. The Project, Program & Portfolio Management Specialist will act as the reference for Program Management department, guiding utilization of processes, tools (mainly Explor tool), training, and standards to support strategic planning, budgeting and reporting for the portfolio. This role supports department leadership in recruiting, onboarding, and development planning for the team. The Project, Program & Portfolio Management Specialist is the direct manager of Program Management’s Office Coordinator.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Implement best practices to be used by program managers in timeline and budget activities.
- Coordinate tools for reporting of project milestones through universal dashboards that contribute to the overall portfolio at the program level.
- Partner with Program Management Department leadership to create specific KPIs required to measure performance of programs; contribute to other functional KPIs as needed.
- Support the update and maintenance of overall project prioritization aligned with business objectives.
- Assist project and program team members in the application of project procedures, disciplines, and reporting standards.
- Develop and support effective cross-functional project and program communication alongside Program Management Department leadership.
- Work with Program Management Department leadership to develop and support best practice training and development for the team.
- Support the Senior Director of Program Management in managing the process and timelines required for strategic planning and budget activities.
- Coordinate resource management planning for the Program Management Department to ensure allocation is aligned with business priority.
- Monitor, refine, and update Program Manager training curriculum and development plan/performance review process.
- Maintain and coordinate updates to HR-related documents including performance rubrics, job descriptions, and job postings.
- Manage recruiting and onboarding processes to foster functional excellence.
- Manage the weekly PM Department Leadership Meeting, as well as related one-off meetings on an as-needed basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Training and Education
Project Coordinator I & Project Coordinator II:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- PMP a plus
At least four years of project or program coordinator/management experience. Experience working to coordinate projects and programs within a portfolio a plus. Experience working for a medical device company a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with project portfolio management and related tools.
- Knowledge of timeline and budgeting best practices.
- Comfortable leading a team in goal-setting and strategic planning.
- Organization and extreme attention to detail.
- Knowledge of BioFire products, design control, risk management, and change control.
- Self-motivated, and able to manage time effectively.
- Can effectively work as part of a team and supports the team with a helpful attitude.
- Clear and transparent verbal and written communication.
- Critical listening skills, and an ability to recognize important and high-level information.
- Ability to stay positive and calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to adjust to changes in scheduling, and general flexibility in the work environment.
- Ability to complete work quickly and efficiently.
- Critical and innovative thinker.
- Confidence without arrogance.
- Ability to understand multiple perspectives.
- Inquisitive and eager to learn.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.