Location: St Laurent, Canada
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
The Government Affairs and Market Access Director is responsible for identifying and leading all government engagement efforts required to drive the long-term success of bioMérieux Canada. This role is also responsible for developing the Market Access strategy to support the business objectives and oversee its execution across the Microbiology and Molecular Biology portfolio. The ability to identify both short- and long-term marketplace opportunities and implement programs to achieve national and provincial hospital listings for existing and new products is critical to success
• Develop and implement Government Affairs Plan to shape medical and other company related policies.
• Organize and lead projects and programs to shape the policy environment and establish partnerships with government.
• Identify, develop, and support execution of market access strategies to gain comprehensive reimbursement for bioMérieux products.
• Collaborate with the different national and regional diagnostics associations.
• Provide healthcare policy analysis to support business decision making. Educate the sales team to understand policies and regulations.
• Collaborate with global, regional, and local partners and cross-functional ; sales, marketing & medical to achieve business objectives.
Typical Studies-Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a medical or pharmaceutical area of study preferred
- 5+ years of government affairs and/or policy related experience, in the healthcare, medical device or pharmaceutical sector
- 7+ years of experience in Business Management or Sales/Marketing.
3.2 Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven key account management and project planning skills
- Proven track record of building relationships and influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Outstanding communication, influencing, interpersonal and networking skills to drive a virtual team to achieve the goal in a collaborative way
- Ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders and payers, good conflict management and negotiation skills.
Scope and Resources Accountability, Typical Performance Indicators:
- Scope and Resources Accountability: National role
- Financial Indicators (revenue, budget, etc.): Consulting budget
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Strategy effectiveness, Product reimbursement listing, Ad boards, Innovative project submission
- Key Contacts (internal/external) and Interfaces: bioMérieux, local, NORAM and global teams. Provincial and National Government stakeholders, Key Healthcare associations members