A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
Under the direction of the Sr. Director, Enterprise Business Management, within the US Clinical Sales Organization, the Manager, Technical Applications & Deployment leads an advanced team of resources to manage the implementation and day to day operations of the CLARION solution to BIOMÉRIEUX customers providing Lab Insights built upon an Advanced Analytics Platform and Infrastructure. As the Manager, you should collaborate both internal and external customer teams to deliver and deploy our IT Solutions and Application services using proven technologies, domain expertise and project management methodologies to ensure successful installations in complex scenarios. This high-visibility position identifies the candidate as the primary contact for key accounts with regards to solutions deployment in large and complex scenarios. Your problem-solving skills will be key, while utilizing a core teams of experienced individuals with technical knowledge of Integration Services, application management, middleware requirements and limitations, including project management and issue-tracking tools. Elevating the service level of solutions often include introducing new tools, technology and services. Formalizing and developing those tools, methodologies and offerings to drive efficiency and commercial success in critical for continuous improvement. In addition, the role will have at minimum 10 direct reporting responsibilities, with the ability to expand as the team grows.
- Drives implementation of multiple, highly complex project/program initiatives typically requiring confidentiality and enterprise-level visibility to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
- Manages risk and elevate service levels by using established project management processes to address execution challenges associated with quality, schedule and costs. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities for highly complex programs and projects through development of project plans intended to accomplish goals and objectives within timeframes and budgets.
- Ensures consistent visibility for program and project teams by monitoring and reporting business objectives, program/project achievements, and key indicators. Proactively communicates with project stakeholders and executive/senior management, and provides insight on issues through root cause analyses. Actively manages ambiguity and consistently seeks to drive clarity amongst project stakeholders.
- Collaborates on creative alternatives to project challenges; partners to drive adoption and challenge existing technology and standards. Leads subject matter experts through the resolution of project challenges. Manages project budgets on a full range of projects.
- Identifies and applies best practices and needed process improvements. Establishes efficiencies in program and project design where possible. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures. Monitors project execution to deliver incremental business value.
- Acquires and applies expert knowledge of the business, its objectives, and processes to serve as the primary resource for cross-functional team members to drive adoption of new application services in the region.
- Act as the Lead US Resource to work with the Global Organization in support of the CLARION solution both in the local US market and the external US market as needed.
Studies, Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or applicable field/discipline OR 4 years of experience in related field to include project coordination or project management
- 5+ years of relevant experience in project or program management
- Expert knowledge of project management tools and methodologies
- 5 years expertise in solution deployment in the IVD or biotech industry
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Requires excellent communication, analytical, facilitation and problem-solving skills
- Quantitative Reasoning and practical thinking methodology
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with in a matrixed organization
- Ability to communicate with and interpret the operational requirements of end-users.
- Ability to write and maintain technical and non-technical instructions in the use of programs/reports and/or program/report/ modifications, in addition to presenting results as needed.
- Strong organizational, communication and project management skills.
- Must be a highly-motivated self-starter.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); Access &/or SQL preferred
- Domestic travel required, up to 50% of time.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.