A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
The Marketing Director, Microbiology will be responsible for achieving the national commercial sales budget (sales, margin, contribution) - and marketing budget by driving successfully the implementation of bioMérieux Commercial Operations strategy and optimize the sales performance by developing the marketing team competences and implementing/designing the marketing strategy for clinical products within the framework of bioMérieux guidelines and strategy.
- Achieve the territory budgeted sales growth, implementing the company Commercial Operations strategy to achieve sales, revenue & profit targets and lead the development of strategic lines across market segments, through direct selling or distributors. Monitor prices policy, conditions of sale and manage DSO (Days Sales Outstanding) with rigor
- Leads the annual sales budget process, the Long Range Plan & sales reports by consolidating sales force national data & forecasts ; ensure that market data are routinely and accurately tracked & updated in Impact
- Lead the most adequate business approach in Marketing, by ensuring prioritization of targeted markets / accounts profiles and commercial action for budget revenues achievement
- Propose strategies to the GM that are based on new opportunities and customer needs – liaising closely with global marketing and sales teams
- Translate strategies into key actions and tactics ensuring the sales and marketing teams have the right support for robust implementation
- Optimize the ComOps organization. Participate in the recruitment, selection, development and retention of top marketing talent
- Build strong relationships with Key Opinions Leaders
- Ensure that the company quality procedures are followed
- Supports development of clear branding and related strategic and tactical campaigns/messaging (i.e. ads - brand positioning/calls to action);
- Develops marketing programs and integrated marketing communications that incorporate service positioning for one clear and concise message that differentiates services to target markets in a unique and meaningful way
- Communications may include service messaging, promotional programs, advertising programs, sales collateral and other appropriate mediums
- Develops and effectively manage relationships with Business Development, operations and other internal clients
- Manages and assists in selection of outside agencies and vendors, including advertising agencies, project and direct mail houses, freelance writers and designers, and promotional item companies.
- Develops annualized marketing plans and associated budgets for assigned services that align with business objectives and provide integrated programs to generate leads.
- Conducts analysis of assigned market sectors, key competitors and client targets within each sector utilizing primary and secondary research sources, along with Business Development
- Collaborate with the channels sales team to develop highly customized support strategies that ensure a higher win rate within the channel segment.
- Support development of sales team collateral and marketing materials, including thought leadership material / publications
- Develop educational campaigns in front of identified sales opportunities that help flatten common objections from the channel segment before they are elevated during the proposal or bid stage
- Participate in the development of bid materials and other supporting collateral designed to close business once proposed. Participate, as required, in bid meetings to ensure that the selling strategy is fully understood and to help the sales team remove objections during the sales process
- Develop ad-hoc sales support materials to address nuances that surface in the sales process to ensure both timely and thorough response to concerns or opportunities
Studies and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, MBA is preferred
- Sales and/or marketing in life science, medical device and/or in-vitro diagnostic experience, business to business and/or corporate account sales experience with management.
- Minimum 7 years of management experience.
- A thorough knowledge of the product lines, industry, customers and IVD business is required along with good knowledge of the market and the opinion leaders.
- Good ability for communication (Excellent oral & written communication skills) with internal and external customers, team work (coaching and working with the subordinates) and organization.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation and ability to influence sales staff, customers.
- Understand financial metrics for product profitability, pricing strategy analysis within subsidiary P&L and excellent understanding of the medical context and key clinician challenges.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement integrated strategic marketing plans that integrate the following elements of the marketing mix: promotional tactics, sales collateral, direct mail, Web-based marketing, trade shows, advertising and market research analysis
- Basic understanding of how Web-based marketing and public relations coordinate with integrated marketing programs for service promotions and corporate brand alignment
- Proven project and budget management skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Skilled in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and proficiency with the Internet
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.