A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
Lead and coordinate the delivery of all bioMerieux middleware solutions to include the coordination of installation, maintenance and repair of the middleware solution, LIS interfaces, networking, device relationship management, data management software, customer training, and integration projects. Coordinates service and development efforts with customers, technical support, LIS vendors, project teams, marketing and R&D. Performs all administrative actions required to accurately reflect these activities in the project management software tool and the CRM system. Contribute to overall financial goals of Customer Support Operations.
Installation and Servicing
- Lead a limited number of bioMerieux middleware projects by coordinating key external technical IT resources and internal technical resources to effectively deliver the desired IT solution.
- Deliver the installation of the middleware solution to the customer facility and/or data center to ensure proper networking and fully functional operation
- Learn and lead the process to connect of the bioMerieux middleware solution to customer Laboratory Information Systems by coordinating resources internally and externally
- Installs all connectivity, middleware and data management solutions sold by bioMerieux, and trains customers in proper methods of operation, maintenance and basic repair procedures.
- Diagnose and repair system malfunctions utilizing remote and on site tools to ensure system operates optimally in all performance areas.
- Responds expediently to all requests for Lab IT service via communications with service office and project teams; ensures that all Lab IT service requests are fulfilled within area of geographic and project responsibility.
- Probing customer for system related problems, research alternative solutions using existing and peer resources to recommend a course of corrective action.
- Maintains close contact with customers to ensure problems are corrected before leading to customer dissatisfaction.
- Advise customer on the availability of bioMérieux systems, options, and expendables, and assists in the ordering process by contacting the appropriate sales representative.
- Obtain CRM certification; execute investigation process and apply as needed.
- Lead revenue generation initiatives through promotion of value added projects and services.
Administrative/Project Management Requirements
- Lead Lab IT projects to meet milestones, deadlines, and requirements. Communicate changes as needed to ensure expectations are accurate and stakeholders are informed. Document all actions, milestone accomplishments, delays, and other project associated tasks in the preferred project management software.
- Completes Service Reports and Quality Assurance Checklists for each customer contact in order to accurately document system, customer or test related problems. Corrects problems encountered or formulates a corrective action plan which is outlined for customer during time of contact.
- Documents information on recurring system/test related failures. Documentation should include suggestions for changes or modification to existing instrumentation, policies, manuals or concepts.
- Completes all required departmental forms including but not limited to Instrument Service Reports, Quality Assurance Checklists, Preventive Maintenance/Verification Checklists, Repair Tags, and Travel Expense Statements and makes timely submission in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Accurate and timely documentation in CRM system.
Field Training/Technical Assistance
- Provides on-site technical assistance to internal customers (Field Sales, Field Service, Technical Support Center) via correspondence, phone and in person as appropriate to diagnose difficult connectivity problems as required.
- Provides field training and orientation for new hires as required in all areas of troubleshooting and installation of instrumentation.
Studies and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Medical/Laboratory Technology, Information Technology, Information System, Computer Science, a related technical field or combination of equivalent experience and technical certifications.
- Minimum 2 - 3 years previous experience in support of LIS interfaces, LIS/LIMS administrator, networking support, servers, software applications, hardware, middleware and computers is preferred
- Minimum 1 - 2 years previous end-user and/or support experience with systems marketed by bioMerieux
- Experienced in resolving customer networking, server, and/or LIS problems and providing a high level of customer satisfaction
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be able to work independently, effectively multitask to meet deadlines and competing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to travel up to 70% with daily notice.
- Proficient in Windows and MS Office, Project Management software, host/remote communications, VMware and network systems.
- Exhibit good interpersonal and diplomacy skills, excellent verbal and written capabilities through previous experiences such as teaching, sales, or management.
- Exhibit good decision-making ability, including problem resolution.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.