A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
This position works under the direction of the CFO responsible for leading the preparation, of the monthly, quarterly and annual revenue and operating expense budget, planning and reporting for Americas Industry. This position directly partners with and supports the Industry Sales and Marketing teams in both LATAM and North America. This includes analysis and forecasting by key accounts, product range and sales channels including but not limited to average selling price analysis and market conditions impacting future projections. This position is responsible for collaborating with Marketing and Supply Chain to determine future forecasting quantities used for revenue forecasting.
- Responsible for supporting the activities associated with creating and documenting internal control framework necessary to support the commercial operations and group policy. Needs to exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Responsible for managing controlling functions for Americas Industry commercial teams. Responsible for submitting monthly reporting packages associated with close activities timely and complete.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of debits and credits and how they are transacted in an ERP system to create financial data. May lead or assist with documenting and writing processes for business system implementations as well as internal documentation and process documents as assigned.
- Will use SAP ERP and associated reporting tools to input data, generate or create reports, conduct specialized research projects and respond to inquiries. May reconcile difficult accounts. May be responsible for a complete and systematic set of transactions in a specific phase of accounting. Will be responsible for organizing and manipulating complex datasets to produce reports necessary for decision making and accrual or other calculations. Working knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS and the ability to research accounting pronouncements as business need dictates.
- Ability to communicate financial and accounting concepts in a clear and concise way. Ability to write and speak effectively to all levels of organization.
- Manage and perform all work in compliance with company policy, internal control manual and within the guidelines of the company Quality System
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of commercial performance
- Ensure a compliant and sustainable internal control environment
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual closing
- Oversee the reconciliation of commercial revenue and OPEX accounts as assigned
- Prepare variance analysis for various accounts
- Review journal entries
- Oversee and support commercial team with all aspects of commission plan generation, maintenance and administration
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets financial and budgetary reports
- Directs all aspects of commercial operations and the preparation of related budgets, forecasts and long-term planning
- Responsible for hiring, training and conducting performance reviews
- Performs other special projects or activities as assigned by CFO or the business leaders
Studies and Experience:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years leading diverse Accounting teams and supporting commercial operations
- Experience with SAP transactions and reporting
- Experience with CRM and BI tools
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient computer skills using excel, word, outlook, power point and analytics and BI tools using Tableau, Alteryx and other related business reporting and analysis tools
- May be required to lift boxes containing documents weighing about 50 lbs.
- May be required to travel 10-20 days out of the year
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.