This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Marcy l'Etoile, France
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Medical Affairs
CDI- Medical Affairs Associate Director - Advanced Hematology Diagnostics F/H
What will be your missions ?
Localisation: France (Lyon) – USA (Durham)
At bioMérieux, Medical Affairs ambition is to advance the value of bioMérieux diagnostic solutions to improve patient outcomes and address unmet medical needs, through innovation and product optimization, evidence generation, and knowledge dissemination.
You want to impact patient care positively through a better use of diagnostics, by demonstrating and communicating on the value of diagnostic information (VODI), in particular regarding novel advanced therapeutics ?
You are interested in the exciting therapeutic potential of cell and gene therapies and the unique manufacturing and quality control challenges they bring ? You care for the healthcare system viability and want to bring cost effectiveness solutions to the market ? You believe in the power of medical education and enjoy networking and animating a medical and scientific community.
If you share all these values, join the Global Medical Affairs Immuno-Assays team. As a Medical Advisor, you will get the opportunity to impact the lives of the patients. You will be responsible for providing medical and scientific expertise for High Medical Value products for our industry ranges.
To do that, your main responsibilities & goals will be to:
The primary focus of this position will be to liaise Medical Affairs with bioMérieux industry core business and pharma partners, to demonstrate how diagnostics contributes to the evolving cell & gene therapy landscape in the hospital. Other subject matter might include sepsis, antimicrobial resistance, acute organ failure, and emerging infectious diseases, which are core strategic areas for bioMérieux.
Who are you ?
- You hold an advanced degree in health (MD, PharmD or PhD) with at least 2 years’ experience in clinical (or applied translational science) onco-hematology. Knowledge of flow cytometry, immunology, infectious diseases, cell biology or microbial testing of manufactured products is a plus.
- You have an excellent understanding of the healthcare system, stakeholder needs, and patient journeys. You are able to challenge medical needs and assess hazards associated to patient care. You understand delivery of healthcare and how diagnostics impacts patient delivery and care
- You are able to promote study results through scientific and medical publication (scientific writing skill in English), as well as clear and impactful oral communications in English (both for scientific communication and education purposes).
- You are able to take initiatives, and comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a cross-functional team.
- You have a progressive mind-set, with ability to balance scientific, medical and commercial needs.
- You are fluent in English (both oral and written).
- Travels (domestic and international) expected to be 5-10% of the time.
Working at bioMérieux means being involved long term with a pioneering, visionary and constantly growing company that allows its employees to live a stimulating and inspiring experience in a fulfilling work environment.
Our internal mobility policy offers numerous opportunities for each of our 13,000 employees to blossom throughout their career, while respecting each employee’s individual talents as well as their personal and professional development.
At bioMérieux, over 200 professions - both scientific and non-scientific - offer our employees the opportunity to broaden their fields of expertise and develop cross-functional careers. We provide a rewarding experience in an international company that brings together talents from diverse backgrounds, thus fostering a daily aspiration to go beyond the limits.
Helping improve public health around the world : our mission gives purpose to every profession practiced within the Company.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.