Medical Education Liaison - Point of Care (South)
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Field, UT, United States
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Sales & Key Account Management
Description At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Medical Education Liaison (MEL)!
This position covers the Southern US ( Oklahoma, Texas, and Louisiana). Candidates must reside in the territory they would be serving, and successful candidates will have well-developed relationships with key partners in the territory. This position will require extensive travel (typically around 80%).As part of the Point of Care (POC) sales team, the Medical Education Liaison (MEL) will assist the territory Point of Care Specialist (POCS) in achieving sales goals and enabling our customers in fully utilizing the clinical potential of our products. This will involve working directly with the POCS to develop pre and post-sale strategies to bolster sales with new and existing customers. The MEL educates clinicians, nursing and other clinical support staff on the benefits and clinical utility of our products; assist facilities in developing best practices and protocols to maximize our products utility; form relationships with clinicians to identify clinical champions and potential future key opinion leaders; garner best practices and protocols from customers and assist with implementing our products in their facilities. Develop and assist in development of clinician focused marketing tools and education programs. The POC MEL works very closely with the POCS, RSD, FAS, POC CAM and POC Marketing.Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Weekly territory travel 60% and occasional Domestic travel for annual, semiannual and regional Sales meetings.Qualifications
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of the Company’s Quality System.
- Meet and exceed annual MBO goals.
- Create new revenue opportunities by creating clinical awareness and demand through clinical education.
- Provide expertise necessary to achieve the clinical close portion of the sale working with the POCS.
- Develop strategy for ongoing client satisfaction, retention and testimonials.
- Analyze region for revenue opportunities.
- Provide formal presentations as well as informal trainings (meetings, round table discussions, etc) utilizing peer reviewed publications, clinical case studies and LR approved marketing materials.
- Support development to identify Clinical Champions and potential Key Opinion Leader Network.
- Foster relationships with key personnel to serve as references.
- Establish centers of excellence as benchmark for other customer sites to model.
- Identify and formulate clinical case studies.
- Identify potential clinical case studies from clinicians presenting using FilmArray technology and a syndromic approach to diagnosis.
- Share medical case studies with customers and commercial sales and marketing teams.
- Collaborate with Commercial team (POCS, RSD, POC FAS and CAM, Inside Sales) to identify and align with region goals.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Medical Affairs colleague.
- Coordinate and track book-to-live process of Field Application Specialists.
- Track critical and lost accounts.
- Assist in developing and executing retention plan at critical accounts utilizing tools such as Definitive Health, CMS data, etc.
- Coordinate with Field Application Specialists to troubleshoot process and product issues.
- Design and coordinate solutions for client.
- Provide evaluation support for product comparisons.
- Report industry and market trends.
- Report client satisfaction and needs.
- Educate Sales team on clinical background and context of disease states associated with company’s product line.
- Sharing best practices for gaining access to and influencing key clinical decision makers.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Training and Education:
4 year Bachelor Degree in Nursing, Physician Assistant Studies, licensed Pharmacist required. Clinical advance degree a plus. Measurable experience as a clinician or nurse is required. Familiarity with infectious disease diagnosis, treatment and/or microbiology/virology methods is desirable.Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 3 years nursing experience as RN in ER/ICU/CCU/Trauma or minimum 3 years Physician Assistant, Pharmacist experience in the acute care setting; POC experience a plus
- Current licensure as Registered Nurse, Pharmacist or Physician Assistant in state of residence or equivalent credentials required.
- Sales experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Syndromic Approach Infectious Disease diagnostic products a plus.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft office; PowerPoint, Work and Excel, and contact management databases.
- Should be comfortable and have experience, presenting technical information to audiences with various degrees of scientific and clinical experience.
- Lab experience is a plus.
- Presentation skills are essential
- Communication skills required for selling and support
- Clinical critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Territory Management skills
Should be able to lift 55-65 lbs. comfortably.
Should be able to manage physical requirements necessary for extensive travel.
- Extensive Travel Required
- Valid Driver’s License Required