A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
This position is responsible for managing all sales related tasks in the assigned BFDX territory for all products commercially available. SAM will be responsible for all activities related to the direct sales efforts in specifically identified strategic accounts. The SAM will closely manage sales performance of all products relative to forecast and provide reports for each product line. Input into marketing programs, product forecasts, customer support programs and product development will also be required. The SAM will be responsible for and accountable for achieving or exceeding revenue goals.
In addition to the above responsibilities, a SAM will be a contributing member of the “Sales Advisory Team” and function as a regional marketing liaison. The SAM will serve as a mentor to regional Territory Sales Managers. This position will support the Regional Sales Director in a variety of capacities.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive profitable sales growth in assigned high value IDN accounts and single accounts.
- Direct and coordinate sales activities.
- Work closely with Marketing on product forecasts, pricing, generation of necessary sales tools and competitive analysis.
- Consistently gather, synthesize and, share competitive market information in a timely manner.
- Regularly collaborate with other sales advisory team members to document and share best practices.
- Join forces with marketing to develop strategic competitive positioning and effective solutions for continuous process improvement across all disciplines regarding the effectiveness of current tools and additional tools needed.
- Provide leadership and possess the ability and experience to mentor TSM’s in all levels of sales process from lead generation to closing sales. (technical, financial, strategic, communication, salesmanship, administrative, and organizational)
- Assist RSD with the selection, interview, hiring, coaching and field training of new TSM hires.
- Function as assistant RSD and back up as needed.
- Collaborate with RSD on regional conference call administration, content, urgency and delivery.
- Work with the FAS Specialists. Provide support in various processes and collaborate on solutions that meet or exceed the customer’s expectations (i.e. CAP/CLIA, IQCP, Verification etc.).
- CAM and CIM collaborator on high value targets sharing of Best Practices and strategies among group to add value to the sales process and drive closes faster.
- Comply with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostic’s Quality System.
- Data management utilizing the company CRM software including tracking and reporting all customer interactions within the CRM.
- Implement sales report or process for extracting information from CRM which highlights sales activities, won sales, lost sales with reasons, and feedback for marketing, sales admin, customer support, manufacturing and R&D.
- Monitoring and tracking all expenses related to sales.
- Assisting customer support with customer management.
- Provide accurate sales projections to marketing for instrument and reagent production.
- Facilitate and coordinate with RSD on regional programs / symposiums etc.
- Travel as needed to interface with sales reps and clients.
- Evaluate alternate sales channels domestically and internationally for all products.
Training and Education:
- This position requires the knowledge and skills normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field.
- Typically requires 3-5 years of successful sales experience. Minimum of 2 years in the field at BioFire Diagnostics. Sustains consistently high level performance review scores in all aspects of TSM assignment and has achieved high level sales success in all BioFire products.
- The knowledge of Molecular and Micro Biology laboratory techniques such as PCR, are highly desired. Practical territory management and sales experience in life science instrumentation and reagents is required. Ability to manage through others and be part of an effective team is a must. Proactive attitude, ambition and the confidence necessary to achieve aggressive goals is necessary for success in this position.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft office; PowerPoint, Work and Excel, and contact management databases.
- Should be comfortable and have experience, presenting technical information to audience with various levels of scientific experience.
- Lab experience is preferred.
- Experience working in diagnostics or clinical applications is strongly desired.
- Systematically exemplifies advanced interpersonal communication skills (both internal BFDx and external customers etc.). Effectively displays the BioFire corporate culture and can successfully communicate our messaging within the highest levels of the assigned accounts, to include “C Suites”.
- Technologically proficient. Team oriented, high energy.
- Strong problem solving, time management and follow up skills.
- Presentation skills are essential:
- Sales negotiation skills
- Decision making
- Management skills. (Time, Money, Resources)
- Should be able to lift 55-65 lbs. comfortably.
- Should be able to manage physical requirements necessary for frequent travel.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.