A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
The Enterprise Integration Engineer ensures successful integration with information systems for bioMérieux’s marketed analytics and informatics solutions by engaging directly with customers to facilitate the implementation according to functional requirements. This includes the support, application monitoring and execution of production application jobs and processes associated with a successful connections to our analytics cloud and customer LIS data feeds for test data as it relates to the delivery of our stewardship and advanced analytics dashboards. Additionally, the Enterprise Integration Engineer will also support the development of documentation, technical procedures and user support guides for the Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) solution and other data extraction and data verification tools
- Drive connection of the bioMérieux EAI solution to customer Laboratory Information Systems (LIS, Pharmacy, ADT, HER, etc.) by coordinating resources internally and externally
- Build customer interfaces using the EAI solution to aid in the delivery of bioMerieux’s marketed analytics and informatics solutions
- Design, analyze and develop mapping and translations between the EAI solution and data elements in client, middleware and cloud systems
- Manage test and simulation plans with clients’ IS teams, testing the data exchange process end-to-end
- Build import templates from various data sources and execute the data import/export process end-to-end.
- Develop XML/UML configuration files to accommodate custom data feeds, alerts or logic for critical messaging
- Utilize Agile Software development methodology for rapid systems development
Studies and Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years previous experience in support of LIS interfaces, servers, software applications, hardware, middleware and computers
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience with EAI solution implementation of clinical information systems including Pharmacy, LIS, EHR and other related data sources
- Minimum completion of Level 1 EAI training, Levels 2 and 3 a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IS, Laboratory Technology, a related field, OR in lieu of Bachelor's degree minimum 3 years of experience in Information Technology
- Knowledgeable on HL7 and application interfacing with the major Laboratory Information Systems vendors such as EPIC, Cerner Millennium, Soft, McKesson, Meditech and Orchard
- Practice in estimating time frames, quality and quantity of tasks required to successfully implement EAI
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with presentation skills for critical customer meetings
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be able to work independently, effectively multitask to meet deadlines and competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- A track record of confident, positive work ethic with high performance standards coupled with a willingness collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure data integrity
- Exhibit good interpersonal and diplomacy skills, excellent verbal and written capabilities through previous experiences such as teaching, sales, or managemet
- Critical thinking skills and ability to solve problems; detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy and follow through
- Experience with delivering high availability systems for non-stop operations
- Experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce
- Experience using database tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, PostgreSQL PG Admin
- Agile experience using JIRA or similar Agile tools
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.