A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
Have sufficient experience in the production of the products developed to be able to oversee, in collaboration with Production, Industrial Development and the Quality Control laboratories, the optimization of the production products, and the follow-up of the production processes, doing so in collaboration with the Production Manager. Carry out production operations and guarantee their conformity.
- Be able to carry out complex production operations requiring scientific and biological know-how, and have in-depth knowledge of the process drawing on solid experience. Guarantee the quality of the products and/or service process.
- Draft and approve the production techniques developed and create change-management sheets in the dedicated tool. Solve complex technical problems related to the production or manufacturing process, while ensuring the technical coordination of the laboratory with partner services (Supply Chain, Industrialization, QC, R&D...).
- Pilot and implement product and/or process evolutions to improve the quality and productivity of the service. Investigate the possible causes of non-conformities detected during manufacturing runs, analyze these non-conformities, and propose corrective or even preventive actions. Set up and monitor the implementation of the actions required to optimize the process. Escalate this information and collaborate with the Production Manager.
- Optimize the functioning of the manufacturing activity by proposing and taking charge of industrialization tests (protocol writing) under the responsibility of a Technical Support (R&D, QC, or Industrialization Service) and carry out the transfer of new products (transfer reviews).
- Participate in the development of training modules intended for Manufacturing Technicians and train new entrants by apprenticeship. Act as Trainer for the Technical Department.
- Act as Project team member on new products. Act as Project Manager for the progress plan of the Technical Department. Represent his/her activity for issues pertaining to the modifications of components at risk. Carry out visits of the complex activity. Approve equipment-qualification documents (FAT-SAT).
Typical Studies-Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Vocational Secondary School Diploma and 6 years experience; Or have over 10 years experience
- Technical knowledge of machines
- Be at ease with problem-solving tools (Action Progress Card, A3, etc...)
- Be knowledgeable of all production activities in several sectors
- Know how to collaborate with related services (Quality Control, Logistics, Industrialization etc...)
- Good writing skills
- Good analytical skills
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.