Primary responsibilities include serving as the subject matter expert for the PR/HRIS systems up to and including training users on updates to the system and maintaining the outstanding help ticket status of projects with the software provider. May be the lead or a support function in audits associated with Payroll data. Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual Payroll related accruals and reconciliations. Supports monthly budget to actual headcount and salary reports and supports the annual headcount budgeting process. Responsible for 401(k) contribution election changes each pay period, 401(k) contributions to the plan administrator and supporting the annual 401(k) audit. Prepares and audits annual bonus and merit increase documentation by department. Other special projects as designated by the Payroll Manager or CFO.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of bioMerieux Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Meet all company and regulatory deadlines.
- Review and correct employee time and time allocations in time clock records checking for accuracy and correct project codes used by employee.
- Process payroll bi-weekly including reconciling actual payroll and performing payroll analysis. Processing payroll entails satisfying the accompanied list of tasks in a timely and accurate manner on a bi-weekly basis in addition to ongoing updates to keep employee payroll records accurate.
- Prepare and respond to all garnishment data timely and accurately.
- Support HR, Finance/Accounting and departments on specific projects assigned by the Payroll Manager or CFO as needed.
- Perform all payroll responsibilities with absolute discretion, confidentiality and sensitivity
- Associates degree in related field with an emphasis in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- At least 4 years’ experience processing Payroll or analyzing Payroll for headcount greater than 500 employees, read and write technical instructions and maintain excellent documentation for auditing purposes.
- Personable and service oriented with attention to detail, excellent organization and time management skills. Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, and understanding of SAP or equivalent accounting software preferred. Experience with Ceridian DayForce or other HRIS/Payroll system.
- Should be able to lift 15-25 lbs. on a regular basis.