A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
Our Global Purchasing – Operations Category Management Department is looking for a Purchasing Manager, Instruments and Systems that will evolve within the Global Purchasing Department and will report to the Global Purchasing Vice President - Operations Category Management.
- Responsible for the US Instruments and Systems supplier portfolio ( > 140 suppliers , > 1700 items , 15 purchasing categories).
- Manage a team of 4 people.
- Responsible for the definition and implementation of the purchasing strategies across the company in coordination with the buyers that will report to him/her.
- Responsible for the optimization of the Instrument and System portfolio based upon the following criteria : quality/compliance, cost, service, CSR and risk management.
- Ensure global coordination with the Instrument and Systems purchasing team in EMEA.
- Ensure collaboration with the Global Projects Purchasing Organization in order to share category strategy and guarantee successful launches of new instruments / systems.
- Ensure the watch and be a force of proposal on innovation on the purchasing portfolio.
- Guarantee and support the digital transformation of the Global Purchasing Department within his/her region.
- Responsible for the set-up and the follow-up of the budget for the defined region.
- Interface with all internal stakeholders on the global Instrument portfolio while maintaining strong communication within the Global Purchasing Department.
- Develop and evaluate her/his team competencies.
Studies, Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master’s Degree with an MBA is a plus.
- 10 + years of experience in a purchasing department with management experience.
- Engineering background is a plus
- Functional know how: Preparing and leading negotiations, contract management and legal awareness, total cost management, managing multicultural interfaces, planning and organizing, global business acumen
- Operational know-how: Winning and influencing, operational effectiveness, leads by example, leads the team by building and developing trust, drives execution by making decisions and achieving results
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.