A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
- Provide HSE direction and support Commercial Operations field and site-based employees nationally
- Educate and promote pertinent safety behaviors specific to the roles and functions within Com Ops
- Document, deploy and train key HSE system users as defined by the HSE function;
- Communicate process milestones toward the HSE system development;
- Deploy specific HSE procedures following a subset of HSE processes reporting progress toward HSE goals (, Job Safety Analyses, Risk assessments, Environmental Assessments, Incident Reporting System, HSE inspections)
- Analyze safety metrics and determine actions to address areas of improvements
- Engages with the HSE Manager America to define and accept a distinct role developing and deploying a subset of the HSE process;
- Support business needs related to safety – credentialing and fleet vehicle safety
- Helps drive process improvement initiatives for HSE
- Support the implementation of HSE policies
- Compiles and reports HSE Metrics
Studies and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; in Safety, Health, Environmental or Engineering related field strongly preferred;
- 0-3 years of technical experience in HSE
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills- ability to influence, educate and train on HSE Procedures
- Ability to read and interpret technical literature and stay abreast of changing regulatory landscape;
- Ability to develop a strategy to determine action plans for risk reduction
- Ability to review the regulatory landscape to identify and mitigate non-compliant conditions
- Demonstrated computer skills (i.e. MS Office)
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 & 45001 or other management systems preferred.
- Travel 10-15% nationally
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.