A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
This is an R&D engineering position with an emphasis on integration and testing of embedded software, mechanical, and electrical designs into electromechanical medical devices. The individual will work with a multidisciplinary team of engineers to design construct, and execute engineering, formal verification, and reliability tests. The individual will support prototype builds, collect and analyze data, and author associated technical documentation.
- Work with multidisciplinary R&D engineering team members to design, construct, author, and execute engineering, verification, and reliability tests and protocols
- Collect and analyze data, and generate reports
- Support development of project documentation (dFMEAs, specifications, plans)
- Participate in technical reviews
- Support development of fixtures and associated scripting/automation for test efforts
- Maintain configuration management documentation and support instrument prototype builds
- Support instrument, PCB, and firmware troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Complies with the design control guidelines and Quality requirements within the company’s regulated ISO\ FDA environment
Qualifications and Skills:
- Well-grounded in fundamental engineering design principles and test methods with demonstrated hands-on design competency working with complex medical instrumentation.
- Experience with complex laboratory or engineering test equipment, data acquisition systems, engineering design documentation, and calibration procedures
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Basic understanding in programming techniques (C/C++/Python) and/or script writing (using Labview, Arduino, PLCs, or similar)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to schedule and work with little supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, and leadership skills
- Proficient in use of MS Office, Project, Excel, Word
- Statistical analysis skills are preferred
- Knowledge of FDA QSR, specifically design controls, is preferred
- BS/MS in Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience, plus 3-5 years of relevant work experience. Biomedical Engineering preferred.
- Preferred 3 or more years work experience testing electro-mechanical systems, equipment and components for the medical device or diagnostics industry.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.