A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
The Product Marketing Manager, plays a lead role in the development of marketing objectives, strategies, and tactics to accelerate market awareness and adoption of bioMerieux products. He/she holds primary responsibility for tactical execution in support of marketing objectives for the Gastrointestinal (GI) Molecular syndromic panel. This role specifically focuses on marketing to US-based Hospital Clinicians.
This position is located in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Marketing tactics and programs
- Sales and Marketing training
- Tradeshows and promotional events
- Scientific and clinical advisory board meetings
- Product forecasting
- Market research initiatives
- New product launches and associated go-to-market strategies
Develops with minimal supervision:
- Strategies to facilitate product adoption and awareness of syndromic testing
- Brand objectives, strategies, and tactics
- Messaging strategy
- Sales tools
- Sales Programs
- Product collateral
- Pricing Strategy
- Additional KOLs/Speakers
Monitors and generates actionable insights into:
- Market trends
- Sales performance and trends in assigned business area
- Pricing effectiveness
- Customer behaviors, beliefs, and attitudes for clinicians
- Market opportunities
- Effectiveness of marketing strategies and tactics
- Market research and business intelligence needs
- Clinical data gaps
Interfaces, works closely with and/or manages:
- Customers (clinicians, Pharmacists, and other HCPs)
- Sales force & field employees
- Market access team
- Medical Affairs and Clinical Educators
- Global marketing, local marketing peers, manufacturing, finance, legal, compliance, quality personnel
- KOLs and Medical Societies
- Advertising agency
- 3rd party vendors
- Company executive management
Studies and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in biological/health sciences or business-related field; MBA or other post-graduate degree in Health Sciences preferred
- At least 5 years of successful product management experience preferably with diagnostic or medical products, including product launches or other relevant experience
- Experience in molecular diagnostics and syndromic testing a plus
Skills and Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of marketing regulated clinical diagnostics in the field of infectious disease or diagnostic biomarkers
- Knowledge of clinical molecular biology, microbiology, immunology, or virology is highly desired
- Ability to translate clinician needs into executable messages
- Interacts and presents technical/clinical information to audience with various levels of scientific experience
- Familiar with Microsoft Office; PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and contact management databases.
- Fluent in English
Scope and Resources Accountability, Typical Performance Indicators:
- Scope and Resources Accountability: The position is responsible to help meet annual revenue targets and growth objectives for their assigned market area while operating within expense guidelines as set forth by the Director of Marketing.
- Financial Indicators (revenue, budget, etc.): Market expense budget commensurate with the revenue and/or sales potential of the market area.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Sales revenue and gross margin to budget and/or growth, market shares, timeliness of reports and plans, accuracy of forecasts, brand and company recognition/image.
- Key Contacts (internal/external) and Interfaces: Sales, Customers, all US Clinical Operations department heads and members of their teams.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.