Location: St Laurent, Canada
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
The National Industry Account Manager – Food (segment specific) job is to maintain and establish growth of the current microbiology customer base and create new business opportunities through the placement of instruments (with service programs) and reagents leading to increased revenues for the company. The Account Manager is directly responsible for achieving the National sales goals and maintaining existing customers within the specific segments assigned as defined by bioMerieux
• Build and maintain relationship in order to meet/exceed the annualized sales objectives (equipment, reagents and service).
• Actively manage pipeline to ensure timing of closes matches monthly and quarterly forecasts. Monitor monthly sales for accuracy and define action plans to account for shortage towards goal achievement.
• Ensure optimal territory management by maintaining a sufficient number of visits to customers and documenting all relevant activities/information into CRM 360 (Salesforce).
• Increase penetration (both commercial and relationship) within existing accounts.
• Continuously improve on own sales skills & knowledge of the products, services and customers by working closely with sales management, marketing manager and sales representatives.
• Develop customer specific solutions with the Invisible Sentinel R&D & Local Marketing manager.
• Adopt a team approach, work with team in pursuing common goals.
• Provide technical expertise/assistance in product line as required in sales process
• Other accountabilities as assigned
Typical Studies-Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree in Business or Science
- Microbiology and/or Molecular biology knowledge and knowledge of Food Quality Assurance and/or operations of the specific segments (Beer & Wine, Cannabis, Nutraceutical) preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience with a proven track record, capital sale equipment preferred
- Knowledge of bioMerieux products preferred, but not required
o Skills and Qualifications:
- Have excellent sales skills and a history of proven sales success in complex projects (i.e: multi-instruments involving several stakeholders)
- Understanding of the sales process and sales analysis.
- Very good organization, people, and communication skills
- Excellent presenting skills to all levels of decision makers
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to develop financial proposals
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple opportunities within a strategic territory
- Strong capacity to influence
- Bilingual, English and French
Scope and Resources Accountability, Typical Performance Indicators:
- Scope and Resources Accountability: Food manufacturers, third party service laboratory, co-packers, etc across Canada within the assigned segments. Responsible for fostering and maintaining effective relationship with stakeholders throughout the customer entire organization as well as develop relationship with Key Opinion Leaders
- Financial Indicators (revenue, budget, etc.): budget achievement (equipment, reagents and service) for the assigned territory and segments
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Professional management and accuracy of the CRM pipeline that supports attainment of the capital equipment budget. Attainment of determined field activities/visits measured through CRM 360. Depth of knowledge of the assigned territory and segments, accuracy of Equipment and Reagent forecast as measured during monthly SBO meetings
- Key Contacts (internal/external) and Interfaces: Marketing and Sales, technical support, Sales Admins, Finance, other Account Managers from Americas, Invisible Sentinel experts and customers