A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
- Assists in set-up on all stations and benches as assigned. Checks documentation to assure that the correct data forms are present and contain the correct identifying information – lot#, product name, date, etc.
- Performs all production per schedule by processing through the production steps as described by procedures.
- Documents all necessary information on the DHR forms. All documentation is to follow Good Documentation Practices.
- Assists with maintaining physical separation of lots by using separation and segregation practices and equipment such as yellow caution tape, red security ribbons or other physical barriers.
- Clean and organize work area before, during and after production runs. This includes cleaning equipment, sweeping floor, organizing containers, discarding scrap raw material and rejected parts, returning unused raw materials and organizing tools and cleaning supplies in their assigned place.
- Helps train coworkers in correct processes, procedures and machine operation.
- Performs and records production counts of finished product and transports finished product to the designated area.
- Assists with the end-of-shift or end-of-day shutdown. Turns off all equipment that will not be used between shifts or turns off at the end of final shift.
- Helps process product designated as nonconforming according to NCMR instructions.
Skills, Experience, and Education:
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent
Required: 2 - 5 years manufacturing experience, assembly of electro mechanical parts preferred. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
Good housekeeping and organization habits.
Requires the ability to multi-task and maintain focus
Mental alertness with regard to process parameters, accuracy and safety.
“An eye for detail” to detect visual quality problems
Ability to follow written and oral directions.
- Must be able to communicate with others related to daily execution of production.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.