A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform the assembly, label and package of Pip/Dil Accessory Kits within the production department. Responsible for performing inspection and documentation functions, transfer of material cages and raw material staging. Additionally, provides assistance with training, organizing, safety, 5S, housekeeping and maintenance functions in the production department.
- Checks documentation to assure that the correct data forms are present and contain the correct identifying information – lot#, product name, date, etc.
- Documents all necessary information on the DHR forms following Good Documentation Practices.
- Assists with maintaining physical separation of lots by using separation and segregation practices and equipment such as yellow caution tape, red security ribbons or other physical barriers.
- Helps train coworkers in correct processes, procedures and machine operation.
- Clean and organize work area before, during and after production runs. This includes cleaning equipment, sweeping floor, organizing containers. Discarding scrap raw material and rejected parts, returning unused raw materials and organizing tools and cleaning supplies in their assigned place.
- Performs and records production counts of finished product and transports finished product to the designated area.
- Helps process product designated as nonconforming according to NCMR instructions.
- Works in Instrument Manufacturing up to 25% of the time depending on Instrument demand vs. Pip/Dil demand.
Studies/Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Requires two (2) years manufacturing experience. Will consider education in lieu of experience.
- Must have knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Ability to multi-task and maintain focus, good housekeeping and organization habits are required.
- “An eye for detail” to detect visual quality problems.
- Ability to follow written and oral directions, basic math and computer skills are necessary.
- Must be able to communicate with others related to daily execution of production.
- Good mechanical aptitude and skills are a plus.
- Repetitive hand and arm motions, ability to climb steps.
- Lifting (up to 50Lbs) and moving containers of parts and various materials.
- Must be able to push a wheeled cart that can weigh up to 400 lbs fully loaded.
- Excellent personal hygiene required. Appropriate gowning requirements necessary for the production areas. Lab coats are required.
- Occasional environmental odors may be prevalent.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.