We are looking for a Regional (ASPAC) Legal Counsel who will work and grow within the Legal, Compliance, IP and Privacy team and will directly report to ASPAC General Counsel (based in Shanghai, China) and dotted-line report to Global IP Head (based in Lyon, France).
What will be your job description?
- Independently provide daily legal support to subsidiaries cross the region (including providing legal advice or analysis on daily operation; reviewing, drafting and negotiating legal documents; interaction with local authorities; managing legal claims and disputes), mainly for South Asia, Korea, Japan, ANZ, and support for ASEAN and Greater China as necessary
- Create, develop and deliver training programs for specific topics (e.g., competition, contracting, data protection) as needed
- Design local legal-related guidelines, SOPs and policies and proactively work with internal clients to ensure the proper implementation
- Work on Global or Regional projects/initiatives within ASPAC (e.g., regional contract template developing, PACTA implementation, regulatory watch)
- Advise on data privacy/security related matters
- Support Global Intellectual Property Attorneys (based in US and France) with ASPAC Trademark, Copyright, and Patent issues.
Who are you?
- Law degree from reputable law school
- No less than 8 years working experience at reputable law firm and/or as in-house; experience or knowledge with ASPAC counties other than China is a plus
- Healthcare industry and Intellectual Property Law experience/knowledge; data protection knowledge is a strong plus
- Mature and decisive, able to identify issues, risks and needs quickly and address to necessary solutions and program development independently
- Self-motivated, strong willingness and capability to learn new topics and subjects
- Strong cross-cultural and cross-functional communication skill, problem-solving and practical mindset
- Solid and reliable team player and collaborative team-oriented approach to work, supporting the successes of others.
- Fluent in Chinese and English