Benefits at bioMerieux:
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision benefits starting day one
- 11 paid holidays
- 160 hours of paid time off
- Annual bonus
- 9.5% 401k company contribution with no vesting period
- Tuition reimbursement up to $8000 per calendar year
- Onsite cafeteria with daily food stipend
The Procurement Engineer works with the Product Development Team and is part of Global Purchasing.
- Strong technical engineering background and supplier market knowledge are preferred with procurement experience required.
- Challenge and benchmark technical solutions requests proposed by R&D in order to improve margin and reduce risk, including components life cycle management.
- Select, negotiate, contract and manage relationships with international and domestic vendors to achieve stated Quality/Cost/Delivery goals of Program objectives.
- Provide support to Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, Sales and accounting departments as needed.
- Manages and coordinates activities of the local Projects Buyers
- Collaborate with cross functional team members on the projects to include
- Define Purchasing project strategy in accordance with Project strategy & Global Purchasing strategy.
- Participate to technical design review in Project cross-functional teams to deliver Purchasing added value. and with regards to global Purchasing project activities.
- Partner with R&D to develop Design for Cost and Design to Value models for new components and/or high-level assemblies.
- Promote Global Purchasing approach in the project
- Ensures that all consultations and/or negotiations are managed in accordance with the established strategies/agreements in place;
- Develop negotiation strategies and deliver procurement savings
- Manages product cost reduction through Value Analysis/Value Engineering, Design & Re-Design to cost, Product Re-engineering, Target costing.
- Perform complex tear down analyses and competitive benchmarking of diagnostics and medical devices and provide comparative assessments and improvement opportunities.
- Assess internally manufactured components and/or assemblies to perform Make or Buy analysis.
- Collaborate with Global Purchasing Members
- Plans Purchasing activities, with regards to the terms and conditions of the Suppliers relationships, in coordination with the Global Category Manager and project/program schedule.
- Escalates to the Category Manager / Buyer the major contractual non-performances of the Suppliers.
You know you’re qualified if you have:
- Bachelor's of Science degree required (Engineering or a Technical field preferred).
- 3+ years of experience in purchasing or in a technical field.
- Excellent negotiation skills:
- Functional experience with sourcing, selecting and qualifying suppliers.
- Understanding products/services.
- Preparing and leading negotiations, planning and organizing.
- Contract management and legal awareness.
- Total cost of ownership management.
- Strong leadership skills:
- Demonstrated ability to challenge, take ownership of issues, to initiate actions, and to make effective decisions.
- Capacity to coordinate and manage local Projects Buyers activities.
- Effective communication skills:
- Winning and influencing, resilience, builds trust, makes decisions and achieves results.
- Managing multicultural interface.
- Effective team member:
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive change with team members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Collaborative skills to develop and implement Purchasing strategies cross-functionally and globally.
- Up to 20% travel between St. Louis and SLC