A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
The Global Customer Service team is looking for an Applications Specialist to provide effective support, training & coaching to bioMérieux subsidiaries and distributors and to promote technical voice of customers for product development in order to optimize bioMérieux’s commercial success and profitability within the marketplace.
In Expert Unit Microbiology department, you will be in charge of our Blood Culture products such as BacT/Alert 3D and VIRTUO.
- Provides second level emergency support to subsidiaries and distributors for complaints, questions or suggestions
- Provides field support
- Contributes to action plans for critical situations and or contribute to task force
- Facilitates learning plan including training & coaching for subs & distributors to deliver services at customer site
- Assess quality of training program and proficiency level of trainees
- Contributes to the design and development of tools for subs and distributors to support customers and optimize local services (service launch file, parts pictorials, troubleshooting guide, FAQ, etc...)
- Executes Customer Service actions required by the project teams (as example review service manuals and update procedures, etc.)
- Provides feedback on product/service improvement to GCS Project Management Office
- Creates and updates training modules following Customer Service processes
- Creates digital and distance learning content
- Creates & facilitates a customized learning plan for subs as needed
- Manages delocalized training
- Participates and Contributes to strategic Projects and meetings with key stakeholders (R&D, Quality, etc.)
- Contributes to continuous improvements to the current products / services, training materials and service tools, etc.
Studies and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree in biology, ideally in bacteriology / blood culture
- At least 3 to 5 years of working experience as Application Specialist at local, regional or global position
- Strong experience of laboratories and hospitals environment, workflow, data / results
Skills and Qualifications:
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Windows Environment and managing software updates
- Knowledge about bioMérieux’s microbiology products (BacT/Alerts 3D – VIRTUO – MYLA) would be highly valued appreciated.
- Committed to customer and to service with a sense of urgency and accountability.
- Cross cultural flexibility.
- Dynamic learner and trainer/coach (hands on approach)
- Creation and review of technical information (user manuals, specifications, etc.).
- Training designer; both in-class and distance learnings using provided tools to create training content.
- Team player.
- Autonomous and (self-)disciplined
- Ability to analyze, recommend, and challenge proposals to create the most effective solutions.
- Ability to understand and work through complex processes with an eye towards innovation and customer impact.
- Have a system view approach (instrument/software/reagent) and become a referent of one product line.
- Understanding of network basics – Laboratory Information Systems a plus
This role requires up to 40% travel.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.