A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
The purpose of this job is to establish and execute field sales strategies that support the revenue targets and growth objectives, marketing initiatives, and strategic plans of the company. This is accomplished by leading the Healthcare market segment and designated strategic bioMerieux product lines within this segment to meet or exceed division revenue targets.
The job directly affects the short and long term sales and strategic objectives of the company as it pertains to growing bioMérieux business interests in the U.S. Healthcare Industrial Market. These objectives would include sales, support, positioning, messaging and driving leadership with Healthcare Account Managers to accelerate sales and knowledge within the Healthcare market segment.
Routine internal contacts with Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, Customer Support, Field Service, as well as the management staff of the sales & marketing department for industry is required in developing and delivering these compelling ‘value propositions for change’ to the customer.
- Focus on Rapid Micro/ID market space in all Healthcare segments except the Cell & Gene Therapy market segment by observing current trends and regulatory changes to offer needed solutions within the bioMerieux portfolio (Vitek MS, BTA and Chemunex)
- Commercially lead and/or assist in leadership of bioMerieux Industry presence at Tradeshows and Symposiums
- Field travel/joint sales/field coaching mentoring & feedback for Healthcare Account Managers to expand knowledge and insights in the Healthcare sector in particular
- Work with Sales & Marketing management in developing new or improved sales/support tools while directing field activities that support marketing campaigns for the segment and/or key product lines for the segment (Vitek MS, BTA and Chemunex…).
- For the US Healthcare segment, understand market trends, key investment drivers, customer challenges, and customer journey. Identify the key competitors, players, and their supply chains
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements, tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments
- Attend local and national segment organization groups (per management approval) to stay abreast of market needs and serve as technical support for microbiology needs
- Adopt a team approach , work with team in pursuing common goals
- Develop a methodology of cross training program of bioMerieux’s transferable skills with expertise in sales, offer management, offer marketing, channel development, and operations.
- Lead the group through regular communications and programs to inform the internal community about market opportunities updates and marketing actions
- Support and encourage team support to create a unified message/response with FSE, FAS, AM, BDM, CAM and Management to customers
- Coach AM and support sales manager with daily operations to ensure compliance to established processes and procedures
Studies and Experience:
- BS/BA in a science/business related field and/or equivalent experience with bMx. An MBA is preferred although not required.
- Minimum 3-years business-to-business and/or Account Manager sales experience or management, with a proven track record of results.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Should have very good organization, people, and communication skills.
- Work efficiently and effectively, lead by example.
- Have excellent sales skills and a history of proven sales success.
- Good business knowledge with good sales analysis and numbers skills.
- A thorough knowledge of the product lines, industry, customers and bMx business.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple strategic accounts located throughout the US.
- The ideal candidate will possess a strong ability to implement change without authority or direction.
Additional Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of Industrial Microbiology.
- Knowledge of all bioMerieux products they are responsible for (hardware, software, test kits, etc.)
- Understanding of the sales process, contact management s/w (CRM).
- Knowledge of the quality systems methodologies.
- Knowledge of all respective bioMerieux Industry competitors.
- Computer usage, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes).
- Understand and implement ethical contract practices.
- Revenue generation with eye on profitability, market specialist and strategic planner.
- Problem solving and teamwork abilities; ability to work within or lead a team.
- Excellent integrator and negotiator, results oriented.
- Ability to work with & influence people without formal authority.
- Excellent presentation, negotiation and closing sales skills to all levels of decision makers.
- Excellent communicator of “value proposition” to targeted departments within national accounts.
- Willingness to work on continued improvement of the above skills is also required for long-term success.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to develop financial proposals.
Travel: This position requires 50-70% overnight travel.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.