Summary of Job Description:
This person is responsible for the credit management of Export sales to SAARC and ASEAN distributors and Domestic sales in Singapore. The role will also be in charge of accounting and statutory reporting of Singapore local entity.
- Credit operational tasks related to letter of credit, such as liaising with banks and customers for issuance of import and export letters of credit and payment acceptance terms, reviewing and verifying shipping documents to determine compliance with established standards, and following up on payment receipt.
- Evaluating new credit requests, and setting up credit terms for new customers.
- Managing collection of all payments and debts, negotiating payment plans and monitoring debtor balances to ensure a reduction in debtors DSO.
- Preparing statements of account and reports for customers at month-end.
- Reconciling complex accounts that have been escalated from the AR team by liaising with customers to resolve account discrepancies.
- Ensuring credit and collection policies and procedures are followed within the organization.
- Implement and improve credit management process for ASPAC in collaboration with Corporate Credit Management team, including managing cash flow of the ASPAC regional distribution entity.
Accounting and statutory reporting
- Perform monthly closing activities for Singapore local entity with the support of Shared Service Center.
- Perform management reporting to Corporate consolidation team and variance analysis of P&L and Balance Sheet
- Handle statutory reporting such as GST filing, and manage auditor and tax queries.
Qualifications, Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum 4-6 years of relevant experience. Previous experience in a Credit management function will be preferred.
- Good understanding of the complexities of letter of credit terms, and credit control in general.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in SAP and Microsoft Office software.
- The successful candidate should be a self-starter with good interpersonal communication skills, focus on accuracy and collaboration, and comfortable in a MNC environment.