A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
bioMérieux is looking for a Senior Director, Human Resources with deep and broad Human Resources leadership experience in an internationally-based company. Based in Salt Lake City, Utah, this role will be a strategic partner for the North American Clinical Operations group with nearly 900 field and site-based sales, marketing and customer support employees. The SDHR will focus on aligning Human Resources best practices and philosophy with the strategic and long term goals of the organization and human capital management. The ideal candidate will drive organizational and workforce changes through strong, trusted relationships. The SDHR will lead a regional Human Resources team who is responsible for implementing organizational design, employee relations and engagement, talent acquisition, talent management, rewards and recognition, compensation philosophy, development and compliance, and other areas of responsibility as needed.
- Partner and support the business leadership team by ensuring the appropriate organization and staffing needs are in place, respecting the budget and constantly optimizing the resources. This includes ensuring that the organization has the skills and behaviors needed to successfully meet the Company’s business objectives.
Behaviors needed: Focusing on customers and showing emotional intelligence
- Lead the North America Clinical Operations Human Resources team (design the organization, work methods, competencies needed to achieve objectives, optimization of resources, budget, development plan, …)
Behaviors needed: Making decisions
- Ensure the delivery of Human Resources processes such as it relates to employee engagement, talent acquisition, talent development, talent management, affirmative action planning and implementation, diversity and inclusion, rewards and recognition, and performance management … in compliance with application legislation.
Behaviors needed: Driving execution
- Counsel and advise operational managers as regards to employee relations, regulatory matters, and change management initiatives.
Behaviors needed: Coaching and developing others
- In partnership with the business leadership team translate company strategy, business goals and global Human Resources vision into proactive regional human resources actions that foster positive attitudes toward company goals.
Behaviors needed: Energizing the organization and acting with courage
- Provide support for commercial-related activities as needed (i.e. credentialing, commission planning, etc)
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in Business and/or Human Resources preferred.
- 8 to 10 years of experience leading a site/regional/global Human Resources team.
- Demonstrated experience managing commercial (sale, marketing, customer support, etc) teams, with the ability to understand and translate business culture.
- A proven leader with strong interpersonal skills, keen to motivate and effectively educate, connect to all employees regarding Human Resources matters and create a culture of trust.
- Good business vision, negotiating, influencing skills, and ability to communicate in a compelling way.
- Comfortable working in a highly visible role and presenting to stakeholders.
- Experience working with all functions across an international organization. Promotes energetic, collaborative teamwork
- S/PHR Certification desired.
- Broad knowledge of all Human Resources disciplines with a demonstrated knowledge of talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, organizational development and employee relations.
- Knowledge of SuccessFactors or another related Human Resources software preferred.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Windows applications, especially Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Previous experience with field-based employees preferred
- Ability to travel up to 30%
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.