Description At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Marketing Communications Event Specialist!
The Marketing Communications Event Specialist-Tradeshows position will require an experienced, Self-motivated professional with the ability to manage administration, logistics, and coordination of Tradeshows. This position will be the main point of contact for tradeshows and will act as the liaison between outside vendors/support and internal management. Job duties will include conducting research and finding resources, gathering information, helping to calculate budgets, and providing progress reports. A high expectation for quality and customer service is critical. It will also require occasionally working evenings and weekends.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Coordinate events such as conferences, trainings, tradeshows and tradeshow events, sales events, and other business meetings.
- Conduct research and find resources to help staff make decisions about tradeshow possibilities.
- Help to calculate budgets and provide periodic progress reports to directors for each event project.
- Work with internal teams to negotiate, prepare, modify, and execute tradeshow contracts, including selection of food and beverage menus, audiovisual equipment, and rooming list.
- Work with internal teams to negotiate, prepare, and execute supplemental tradeshow contracts including, travel arrangements, ground transportation, and applicable décor, order tradeshow signs all that meet quality and brand expectations.
- Coordinate tradeshow logistics, presentation and materials support.
- Manage registration and attendee tracking, and pre- and post-tradeshow evaluations.
- Schedule and direct speakers, vendors, and other supporting participants.
- Coordinate and monitor tradeshow timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Keep a detailed record of all tradeshow details, timelines, to-dos, and other particulars for comprehensive reporting to management.
- Propose new ideas to improve the tradeshow planning and implementation process.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Have an understanding of union labor regulations and work with union labor vendors.
- Must be familiar with booth drawings and install and dismantle procedures.
- Assist events team as needed at large events.
- Passport may be needed for international travel.
Training and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, hospitality, or other related fields or high school diploma or equivalent and sufficient professional experience to match a formal education.
- At least 5 years of experience coordinating business events.
- At least 1 year of experience coordinating tradeshow events.
- Project management experience with a track record of meeting deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent time-management skills and an ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of managers and directors.
- Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal and communications skills (both verbal and written) with a demonstrated ability to work with all levels of leadership.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- While this position is mainly sedentary it will require occasional moving of heavy boxes (~50lbs.) of event materials to and from stock room, lifting up and down from shelves, and preparing shipments.
- Standing for long periods of time will be required while at tradeshows.
- Domestic travel required with the potential for some international travel.