Come be a part of our team and our mission
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
bioMérieux and BioFire Diagnostics are looking for a Global Product Manager, Respiratory Point of Care to join our Global Marketing team!
This marketing role has primary responsibility for development of marketing objectives, strategies, and tactics for our Respiratory point of care and near patient settings worldwide. Responsibility includes launch activities of the panel and execution of marketing strategies and tactics and the attainment of marketing objectives. Point of care / near patient diagnostics marketing experience highly desired.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company quality procedures and standards.
- Marketing tactics and programs
- Sales and Marketing training
- Tradeshows and promotional events
- Scientific and clinical advisory board meetings
- Brand objectives, strategies, and tactics
- Messaging strategy
- Sales tools
- Sales Programs
- Product collateral
- Pricing Strategy
- Sales forecast
- Literature and clinical data strategy
- Clinical study protocols for post-market studies
- Maintains in-depth knowledge and meaningful insights into:
- Market trends
- Sales performance and trends in assigned business area
- Pricing effectiveness
- Customer behaviors, beliefs, and attitudes
- Market opportunities
- Effectiveness of marketing strategies and tactics
- Market research and business intelligence needs
- Clinical data gaps
- Emerging technological developments and trends
- Interfaces works closely with and/or Manages:
- Sales force & field employees
- Internal R&D, Manufacturing, Legal, Quality personnel
- Advertising agency
- 3rd party vendors
- Company executive management
- Industry organizations
- Medical associations
- May directly supervise staff, which includes hiring, orienting, onboarding, training, assigning and reviewing work performance, annual work performance appraisals, and discipline. May make recommendations to management regarding employment, performance evaluation, counseling and discipline for employees.
- Plans, organizes and directs the work activities for staff to accomplish strategic goals.
- Provides mentoring for other levels of Product Managers
- Performs work under minimal supervision
Travels up to 25% of time.
Training and Education
- Bachelor's degree in biological sciences or business-related field; MBA preferred
- 6+ years of successful product management experience/sales or other relevant experience with diagnostic or medical products. Successful demonstration of required knowledge, skills abilities at the senior level with a minimum of 4 years of progressively more responsible product management experience may be considered in lieu of the 6 years required experience.
- Lab experience preferred; not required.
- Management experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of two or more BioFire product lines.
- Analytical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate, negotiate and influence all levels of stakeholders including employees, other department leaders, top leadership, high profile customers, the public, regulatory agencies, etc. Organizational and project management skills
- leadership skills
- Ability to oversee work of others, motivate and effectively mentor subordinates and peers
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of molecular biology techniques, such as PCR, strongly desired.
- Possesses solid working knowledge of marketing regulated clinical diagnostics preferably in the field of infectious disease.
- Ability to navigate and proactively solve complex issues and problems. Ability to apply creative solutions to issues and anticipates outcomes.
- Interacts and presents technical information to audience with various levels of scientific experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Extensive experience with contact management databases.
Ability to manage physical requirements associated with travel; some positions may be required to travel internationally. Should be able to safely lift and maneuver up to 40 pounds.