A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
As an Electrical Engineer in the Instrument Tech Transfer Department, you will participate in project teams to provide manufacturing input for design consideration as well as facilitate activities necessary to transfer new products into production.
- Assists in the definition, proof of concept, development, implementation and/or support of technical or business solutions by performing specific tasks within the scope of the assigned activity.
- Identifies issues and uses problem-solving tools to formulate the necessary activities to provide successful solutions.
- Ensures quality of deliverables by following the appropriate design practices and departmental procedures for design control and regulatory compliance.
- Creates appropriate documentation such as technical communications, reports, meeting notes and other relevant technical documentation within the role’s function.
- Prioritizes activities within the scope of the assignments to ensure schedules and quality of work is successfully achieved.
- Ability to define, review, and check product Bill of Materials (BOM) structures, assembly instructions, and test procedures.
- Works with internal departments and project-specific teams.
- Participates in material planning activities.
- Basic understanding in programming techniques (e.g. C, C++, Python) and/or script writing (using Labview, Arduino, PLCs, or similar).
- Performs risk analysis activities.
- Provides design for manufacturability and assembly (DMF/A) feedback.
- Evaluates new electrical/electronic designs (i.e. PCB CAD, schematics, interconnect drawings, component drawings, etc.)
- Participates in prototype planning and building.
- Collaborates with a multi-disciplinary team spanning several departments.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Engineering with 5+ years of engineering experience. Medical Device field is preferred.
- M.S. in Engineering with 3+ years of engineering experience. Medical Device field is preferred.
- 10 years of relevant experiene performing engineering functions in lieu of degree.
- 10 years of total engineering experience. Medical Device field is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of electro/mechanical production processes.
- Technical skills in the relevant Manufacturing Engineering disciplines.
- Knowledge of FDA, QSR and ISO quality systems.
- Timeliness and quality of technical development activities.
- Quality and completeness of documentation.
- Development of personal autonomy and time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and tasks.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.