A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
Our Africa Region is looking for a IT Solutions Manager - Africa who will work within the Customer Experience department and will report to the Sr. Director, Customer Experience-Africa. the position will be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The successful candidate will form part of the backbone of our Data & IT solution offering and will be responsible for the deployment of the solutions, their connectivity to medical devices and Laboratory Information Systems . This role will be critical for remote customer support, data generation & analytics as well as improved information flow to clinicians.
We will need your expertise to support and deploy our Data-IT solutions at customer sites in the compliance of the security aspects of health-care data.
What will be your responsibilities within BioMérieux ?
- Pre-sales phase:
- Support sales team in tender processes
- Support on request with demos and expertise on Lab organization
- Creates concepts for dataflow and connectivity
- Implementation phase:
- Assess and optimize customer workflow
- Manage Installation of IT solution, instruments and hosts connection and verify / qualify connectivity
- Configuration / Testing
- Support phase :
- Be the first level support of customer in case of question and issue
- Manage field intervention
- Update and upgrade IT solutions (server, PC)
- Supports the product life cycle by improving Product serviceability
- Promote HL7 connections to our customers and partners
- Contribute to action plans for critical situations and or contribute to task force
- Collaborate with our partners (LIS & HIS companies, Patient files, …) to improve communication and data exchange
The sucessful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent professional work experience
- At least 4 years of professional experience in Information Technology.
- Background in data management : middleware, interoperability and connectivity to health IT solutions
- Background in network principles (IP/Subnet mask / Gateway / routing / Firewall / VLAN / …)
- Experience in Windows OS installation and maintenance and in Virtual Machines.
- Significant experience with data protection regulations (GDPR, HIPAA) and cybersecurity
- LIS or IVD Experience is a plus: understand the laboratory workflow, analyzers connections.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and SAP is a plus.
- Knowledge of Myla, Vilink or any other bioMérieux IT system would be an added advantage
- Curious about Technology enhancements, able to learn by him/herself, open to learning new technologies.
- Passionate about customers
- Ability to analyze, recommend, and challenge proposals to create the most effective solutions.
- Good written and oral communication, efficiency to deliver clear messages,
- Team player
- Sense of autonomy and (self-)discipline,
- Good organizational skills/ability to multi-task.
- Agility and capacity to work under pressure and in a moving and challenging environment.
- Fluent in English: Oral and written.
- Willing to travel: up to 50 % of the time
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.