A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
The Planner is responsible for raw materials and/or reagent finish goods stock level and shelf life management for his/her products portfolio, in order to reach customer service requirements, planned inventory levels at optimized costs.
- In line with strategies defined in S&OP- stock parameters are defined to ensure OTIF WW can be met. These parameters are regularly reviewed to anticipate potential changes of production or distribution strategies based on market conditions
- Understands current demands and updates relevant items and planning parameters within SAP (and other IS if applicable).
- Analyzes demand for Raw Materials and/or Semi- Finished Goods and Finished Goods, on firm and planned horizons, including products during their phase IN and phase OUT stages.
- Determines and shares monthly and weekly production schedules, issues procurement orders and effectively liaises with suppliers, production, and marketing teams to ensure conformance to plan.
- Assists with determination of all manufacturing capacities (production bottlenecks, QC, critical suppliers…), identifies, addresses and communicates gaps within the Supply & Operations Planning process.
- During launches and phase outs, plans for initial stock-build/final stock-draw and transfer tactics in order to reach target service level at optimized costs
- Follows daily manufacturing activities to identify and address gaps related to inventory management accordingly
- Anticipates medium-term scrap and back-order risks and monitors firm STOs/ Purchase Orders in case of a High Risk of supply Crisis or in case of a Supply Crisis
Studies, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree- preferably in Supply Chain or related discipline
- 1-3 years of supply chain planning experience
- Understanding of supply chain, manufacturing and logistics principles and constraints
- Experience using ERP system- preferably SAP
- Ability to adapt to changing market conditions
- Ability to make decisions with incomplete information
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.