A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions that detect disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 12 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City based BioFire Diagnostics. We believe in the power of diagnostics and bioMérieux sponsors public health initiatives and partnerships to address antimicrobial resistance, sepsis awareness, food safety, and consumer health across the globe. Come be a part of our mission to help save lives.
The purpose of this job is to establish and execute corporate/key account field sales strategies that support the revenue targets and growth objectives, marketing initiatives, and strategic plans of the company. This is accomplished by leading specific local, regional and/or global Healthcare Key and/or Strategic accounts to meet or exceed division revenue targets.
- Grow sales of bioMérieux products and services in assigned strategic/key accounts in accordance with annual sales growth objectives
- Meet and exceed annual sales objectives through the execution and maintenance of assigned Strategic/Key Accounts
- Develop and sustain solid relationships at all levels of the Strategic/Key account’s organization
- Develop a thorough understanding of the accounts needs and requirements; map the organization and present our value
- Act as the main point of contact between Strategic/Key accounts and the Global Strategic Account team
- Work with local and global Sales & Marketing management in developing new or improved sales/support tools.
- For the NORAM Healthcare segment, understand market trends, key investment drivers, customer challenges, and customer journey. Identify the key competitors, players, and their supply chain
- Identify KOL’s within your accounts by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements, tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments
- Attend local and national key accounts organization groups (per management approval) to stay abreast of market needs and serve as technical support for microbiology needs
- Adopt a team approach and work with both US and global teams in pursuing common goals.
Studies and Experience:
- Should have very good organization, people, and communication skills. Work efficiently and effectively, lead by example. Have excellent sales skills and a history of proven sales success.
- Good business knowledge with good sales analysis and numbers skills. A thorough knowledge of the product lines, industry, customers and bioMérieux business.
- BS/BA in a science/business related field and/or equivalent experience with bioMérieux. An MBA is preferred although not required. Ability to multitask and manage multiple strategic accounts located throughout the US.
- The ideal candidate will possess a strong ability to implement change without authority or direction.
Skills and qualifications:
- Working knowledge of Industrial Healthcare Microbiology.
- Knowledge of all Adopt a team approach and work with both US and global teams in pursuing common goals. Adopt a team approach and work with both US and global teams in pursuing common goals. products they are responsible for (hardware, software, test kits, etc.)
- Understanding of the sales process, contact management s/w (CRM). Knowledge of the quality systems methodologies.
- Knowledge of all respective bioMerieux Industry competitors.
- Minimum 5-years business-to-business and/or Account Manager sales experience or management, with a proven track record of results.
- Computer usage, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes). Understand and implement ethical contract practices.
- Revenue generation with eye on profitability, market specialist and strategic planner. Problem solving and teamwork abilities; ability to work within or lead a team.
- Excellent integrator and negotiator, results oriented.
- Ability to work with & influence people without formal authority.
- Excellent presentation, negotiation and closing sales skills to all levels of decision makers. Excellent communicator of "value proposition" to targeted departments within national accounts.
- Willingness to work on continued improvement of the above skills is also required for long term success.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to develop financial proposals.
Scope and resources accountability, typical performance indicators:
- Scope and Resources Accountability: Domestic scope. Direct and/or Indirect support from bioMerieux US Sales & Marketing, bioMerieux Scientific & Regulatory Affairs, Customer Service
- Financial Indicators (revenue, budget, etc.): Budget A/B perimeter, sales growth
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Profitability; market share evolution, portfolio evolution
- Key Contacts (internal/external) and Interfaces: Internal bioMérieux (Corporate teams, General Managers, Global, Regional & Local commercial teams…), external (Distributors, KOL).
Position is remote but needs to be based in the Northeast and requires 50% travel. Close proximity to major airport required. Reports directly to regional sales management.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture. Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 13,000 bioMérieux team members who already identify with these values!
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.