A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
Under guidance of the Shift Manager, plans and directs the acitivies and policies necessary to manufacture products per company requirements. Coordinate and organize 5S, Kaizan, autonomous teams and autoquality processes to make sure the Department uses these principals on an ongoing basis. Make sure customer demand is met and the quality policy is implemented. Maintain moral of the work force and address personnel issues. Interface with other departments to make sure product flow is consistent. Production floor oversight is primary responsibility to ensure smooth operations.
- Efficiently manage 30 to 50 Production Operators.
- Create operational staffing schedule including filling overtime needs
- Develop team members and cross train to maximize shift productivity
- Write performance appraisals for all direct reports.
- Maintain FIFO and LTO for production materials (Webbing, Tubing, Tape, etc.)
- Interface with other departments relative to production goals and priorities.
- Effectively check device history records (DHR) for completion and accuracy.
- Perform investigations into Nonconformities (NCs) and develop corrective actions as needed
- Manage direct report’s daily attendance in dayforce and maintain accountability based on attendance policies
- Organize, manage and conduct daily short interval meetings (SIM).
Studies and Experience:
- Associates degree with 4-6 years of experience (preferably in FDA regulated Mfg. Environment) or;
- Bachelor degree with 2-4 years experience or;
- 3-5 years in a manufacturing environment with supervisory experience
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of production methods and related business activity .
- Knowledge of work team development, along with the ability to motivate and lead others.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements FDA, OSHA.
- Computer literate of the IS system as well as software to evaluate the production flow.
- Ability to set goals and evaluate the performance of the goals
- Familiar with 5S, auto quality, Kaizan and autonomous teams; knowledge of how to implement efficiency improvements.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing methods.
- Organizational skills plus verbal and written communication skills.
- Team organization skills and performance management experience.
- Create and determine schedule that meets production tech certifications and production requirements.
- Based off of production requirements and available personnel, determine overtime needed to fulfill shift.
- Empowerment on the production floor includes when to adjust pour times, work in process (WIP) management, escalation of downtime to appropriate personnel/department and when to provide coaching and corrective action to employees.
- Extensive standing, repetitive hand and arm motions, ability to climb steps.
- Lifting (up to 50Lbs) and moving containers of cartons, tubes, and printed materials.
- Must be able to push a wheeled cage that can weigh up to 600 lbs fully loaded.
- Operating within cool temperature and low humidity conditions within the production room. Constant noise is common due to the operation of the air-dry chamber, taping and pouching equipment.
- Excellent personal hygiene required. Appropriate gowning requirements necessary for the production areas. Gloves are required to handle the product. Hairnet, clean room gowns and/or lab coats are required. Safety glasses and hearing protection are required personal protective gear.
- Occasional environmental odors may be prevalent.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.