A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
Manufacturing Techs – Urgently Hiring!!
As a valued team member, you will enjoy:
- Sign on bonus of $500 on the first paycheck and $500 after 6 months of employment
- Allowance for safety shoes
- 11 paid holidays
- 160 hours of paid time off
- 401k retirement plan
- Low-cost medical insurance that starts on day one
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite cafeteria with daily food stipend
- Annual bonus
Starting pay is $19.25/ hour, potential for increased rate based upon experience, and pay differentials for nights/weekends
Shift: Sun-Thu (11:00 pm - 7:30 am)
The Process Technician position is responsible for the operation of high speed equipment used in the production and packaging of BacT/ALERT bottles and/or preparing and formulating the liquid reagents that fill the finished BacT/ALERT bottle in a cGMP compliant manner.
- The position may perform or assist in the setup, inspection, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and cleaning of equipment used throughout the BacT/ALERT Manufacturing and Packaging processes.
- Additionally, this individual will be responsible for completing production batches and corresponding documentation for the associated tasks,
- AQL inspections, reworks and Material reconciliation that goes along with the batch.
- Manufacturing & Packaging: Operate high speed manufacturing equipment, in some cases highly automated, using HMI/SCADA interfaces
- Formulation: chemical weighing and reagent formulation
- Execute production activities per approved Manufacturing Directions while maintaining compliance with all job related SOPs
- Ensure that all batch paperwork is completed in an accurate, thorough, and timely manner
- Perform and document all processes and procedures in a timely manner, while maintaining compliance with all company and regulatory agency regulations
- Provide assistance with the review and revision of Manufacturing Directions and SOPs necessary for the manufacture and packaging of product.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures at all times
- Appropriately use PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) as required to perform routine and non-routine duties.
- Other Duties
- Generate reports, charts and KPI's and interpret the data to identify problems, and proceed with proper decision making
- Work with other departments and assist with executing validation protocols associated with manufacturing/packaging equipment and procedures including revalidation as scheduled or required to maintain systems in a validated state
- Attention to detail and the ability to accurately interpret technical documentation are critical
- Perform computer applications including learning and execution of SAP transactions
- Communicate with Materials Management, Production Operations, and Quality Control on a daily basis to ensure the timely and efficient production of all of our customer requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
Studies and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years in a regulated production/operations environment
- Associates Degree in an applicable or Technical field or Vocational / Technical School preferred
Skills and Qualifications:
- Certification in Bioworks Program preferred
- For Manufacturing and Packaging
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of high speed, highly automated, production equipment preferred.
- For Formulation
- Background in Bulking and/or compounding in food, supplement, cosmetic, medical device, or pharmaceutical chemical formulation is desired.
- Familiarity with measurement scales, mixing, blending, chemical mills and other formulation manufacturing equipment strongly desired.
- Knowledge of and experience in following OSHA regulations (LOTO, electrical safety, etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge of FDA and/or GMP regulations preferred.
- Mechanical background preferred.
- Ability to rapidly learn new procedures and reduce them to practice.
- Must be able to learn, comprehend and demonstrate competency in operating new equipment within a 75-day period of working with a trainer.
- Demonstrated experience of working independently
- Attention to detail and the ability to accurately interpret technical documentation
- Performs all job functions and responsibilities in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ability to regularly climb stairs to perform work.
- Ability to routinely lift 20-40 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time on shifts that could range from 8-12 hours.
- Ability to operate motorized pallet jacks.
- May be exposed to and require the handling of chemicals, antibiotics and/or hazardous materials.
- May be exposed to strong odors incurred during media production or other operations.
- Lab work is performed wearing various types of PPE which include but is not limited to a hairnet, beard cover, safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection, gloves, PAPRs, face mask and lab coats. Make-up and jewelry are prohibited in certain areas of Manufacturing.
- Ability to maintain reliable and punctual attendance
- Ability to work overtime as required to support a 24/7 production operation
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/GINA.