A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) Infectious Disease is responsible for medical and scientific engagement across the continuum of customers on disease states applicable to bioMérieux, Inc. in vitro diagnostic products, and the clinical application, utility, and impact of existing and future products. As part of the bioMerieux team, the MSL will work to ensure proper understanding and utilization of bioMerieux’s in vitro diagnostic products through fair and balanced scientific exchange.
- Keep up-to-date with scientific and medical knowledge in the areas of interest for the company (mainly Infectious Diseases/ microbiology and Acute care) in order to provide relevant advice to appropriate individuals within the country/subsidiary; attend pertinent sessions of healthcare-associated meetings (government, NGO, medical, patient, etc.); meet with KOLs/experts and healthcare providers and be knowledgeable in the relevant medical literature, developments and guidelines.
- Identify, engage and develop long term relationships with current and rising thought leaders (KOLs, experts, others) in infectious diseases, laboratory medicine, critical care and other relevant specialties (laboratory personnel, infection control, pharmacists, etc.). Build a strong network of pertinent and relevant experts in order to obtain relevant advice, expert opinion, collaborations.
- Contribute to medical education and communications, both internally and externally, for the portfolio of bioMérieux in vitro diagnostic products in a fair and balanced manner.
- Develop and Maintain a territory medical engagement strategic plan to drive bioMerieux Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) and Antimicrobial Stewardship Program (ASP) strategy and communicate market insights with US and Global Medical Affairs leadership.
- Identify potential research gaps and lead/contribute to local post market studies and successfully drive investigator-initiated research efforts (contact with investigators, creation and validation of study design, study monitoring, results analysis, etc.).
- Respond to unsolicited requests for Medical Information including off-label scientific evidence associated with supported products and disease state areas using evidenced-based research presented in a fair and balanced manner and in accordance with applicable regulations, guidelines and bioMerieux policies, procedures and practices.
Studies and Experience:
- Degree in health sciences area (Physician or PharmD) with minimum 5 years experience in Infectious Disease (Board Certification preferred)
- Experience with pharma/IVD industry preferred
- Excellent knowledge of hospital/clinical/medical issues and environment
- Experience with IVD products and/or clinical lab environment is highly desirable
- Current licensed practitioner in state of residence preferred
Skills and Qualifications:
- Preferred previous minimum 3-5 years Medical Science Liaison/Medical Affairs experience
- Knowledge of regional specific healthcare systems and clinical practices related to patient care
- Demonstrated experience translating value of laboratory innovation into clinical application
- Strong communication and relationship development skills
- Management or supervisory experience preferred
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).