A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
Our Industrial Microbiology Unit brings together more than 900 employees around the world. Our mission is to provide the agri-food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries with microbiology control solutions to improve product safety and quality.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
We are seeking an Associate Director Global Marketing & Communications to join our Industry leadership team!
In this role you will own and lead the communications and digital marketing strategies and their implementation, leverage best practices and innovative programs to create awareness, drive leads, acquire new customers and increase product adoption of bioMérieux Industrial Microbiology solutions globally.
This position reports directly to the Executive Vice President of Industrial Microbiology Business Unit and is responsible for a team of 4 direct reports.
The position will be based in France (Craponne) with domestic and international travel expected (20%).
What will your responsibilities be within bioMérieux?
- Develop the Industry Unit branding, positioning and messaging and actively contribute to the development of business-specific messages, communication strategy and tools for Food, Health & Personal Care Businesses, working in close collaboration with global marketing teams,
- Deliver communication plans elaborated by global marketing teams (institutional presentations, brochures, seminar, events, show room etc…) on behalf of businesses
- In coordination with the scientific content director, oversee content from a multi-channel perspective. Assist in aligning content goals between Global and Local.
- Create engaging digital content in collaboration with local and global Communications and Marketing teams, and ensure content published is compliant with corporate branding and unit graphic design and messaging guidelines.
- Maximize utility of available budgets, operate within relevant budgets, and ensure expenses are accounted for in line with company policies and procedures.
- Manage and coordinate agencies, write meaningful and engaging briefs according to best practice across all channels.
Corporate & Internal Communications:
- Contribute to the elaboration of Corporate communication strategy and ensure coherence between Industry and corporate messages.
- Engage Industry teams through a stream of communications and events (touch points, forum, memos, WW meetings, etc…)
- Lead the digital transformation of bioMérieux Industry communication: collaborate closely with global, regional and local marketing, and cross-functional teams to design and implement a digital strategy that reaches diverse stakeholders in multiple market segments, positively impacts business performance, and enhances online presence and reputation.
- Manage the Global communication team and be accountable of internal communication budget and follow up of the two businesses.
Who are you ?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Digital Marketing or similar relevant formal business education/training.
- You have 10+ years’ experience in Marketing Communications within an international agency and B2B environment. Lifesciences or healthcare industry experience would be a real asset.
- You have a proven track record of Digital Marketing skills: strategy development and execution of Marketing Automation, content marketing, social media communications and management, SEO and SEA. Specific experience with PARDOT or similar tool, LinkedIn, other social media platforms will be highly regarded.
- You demonstrate emotional intelligence, thrive working in a matrix organization in a multinational company, enjoy collaborating and are a team player.
- You are highly organized with the ability to multitask and work within deadlines, you easily manage competing priorities.
- You have strong MS Office skills and experience with web-based platforms for relationship management (SalesForce, LinkedIN, ResearchGate, Drupal etc.)
- You are a native English speaker with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in French would be a plus.
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.