Candidates must reside in the territory they would be serving, and successful candidates will have well-developed relationships with key partners in the territory. This position will require extensive travel (typically around 80%).
As part of the sales team, the Medical Education Liaison (MEL) will assist the territorial sales managers in achieving sales goals and enabling our customers in fully utilizing the clinical potential of our products. This will involve working directly with the sales managers to develop pre and post sale strategies to bolster sales with new and existing customers. The MEL educates clinicians, nursing, pharmacy staff and other clinical support staff on the benefits and clinical utility of our products; assist facilities in developing best practices and protocols to maximize our products utility; form relationships with clinicians to develop key opinion leaders, provide education to the sales force on all BioFire products, garner best practices and protocols from customers; assist laboratories with implementing our products in their facilities. Develop and assist in development of clinician focused marketing tools and education programs. The MEL works very closely with the regional and territorial sales managers, field application specialists and the marketing team.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Create new revenue opportunities.
- Provide expertise necessary to achieve the clinical close portion of the sale working with the Territory Sales Manager.
- Prospect and qualify leads for new FilmArray revenue.
- Promote BioFire products and services through product demonstrations, evaluations, or site visits.
- Develop strategy for ongoing client satisfaction, retention and testimonials.
- Capitalize on relationship opportunities for cross selling bioMerieux products.
- Analyze region for revenue opportunities.
Provide education to hospital personnel on clinical pathways and clinical utility of Emergency Diagnostic products:
- Focus areas of Infection Prevention, Emergency Medicine, ICU, Pulmonology, Cardiology, Laboratory, Pharmacy, Risk Management and Administration.
- Provide formal presentations as well as informal trainings.
- Facilitate intradepartmental communication to maximize patient solutions within institution.
- Conduct In-Servicing at key sites.
Support development of Key Opinion Leader Network
- Develop relationships with key regional institutions.
- Gain acceptance and implementation of recommended clinical pathways at such sites.
- Foster relationships with key personnel to serve as references.
- Establish centers of excellence as benchmark for other customer sites to model.
- Assist in development of evaluation criteria at such sites evaluating bioMerieux solution.
- Assist with tracking and developing KOL membership using Network Directory.
Identify and formulate clinical case studies
- Identify potential clinical case studies from clinicians presenting using FilmArray technology and syndromic approach to diagnosis.
- Develop medical case studies using a Subjective, Objective, Assessment, Plan format.
- Share medical case studies with presale customers and territory sales team.
- Coordinate and track book-to-live process of Application Specialists.
- Increase adoption of suggested clinical pathway(s) in existing customer base.
- Track critical and lost accounts.
- Assist in developing and executing retention plan at critical accounts.
- Coordinate with Application Specialists to troubleshoot process and product issues.
- Design and coordinate solutions for client.
- Provide evaluation support for product comparisons.
- Report industry and market trends.
- Report client satisfaction and needs.
Assist in field based training of Emergency Diagnostic Specialists.
- Clinical background and context of disease states associated with BioFire product line.
- Implications to patient and physician of adopting different clinical pathways.
- Sharing best practices for gaining access to and influencing key clinical decision makers.
Studies and Experience:
- 4 year Bachelor Degree in Nursing, Physician Assistant Studies or similar field of healthcare required. Board certified Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Infectious Disease Pharmacist or an Advanced Public Health Degree with experience in hospital based clinical process implementation and improvement is preferred.
- Measurable experience as a clinician or nurse is required. Familiarity with infectious disease diagnosis, treatment and/or microbiology/virology methods is desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years nursing experience as RN in ER/ICU/CCU/Trauma or minimum 3 years Physician Assistant, Pharmacist experience in the acute care setting.
- Current licensure as Registered Nurse, Pharmacist, or Physician Assistant in state of residence or equivalent credentials required.
- Management/Supervisor experience preferred.
- Sales experience a plus.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Laboratory workflow and fiscal operations a plus.
- Knowledge of medical institution hierarchy required.
- Knowledge of BioFire’s Syndromic Infectious Disease diagnostic products a plus.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft office; PowerPoint, Work and Excel, and contact management databases.
- Should be comfortable and have experience, presenting technical information to audiences with various degrees of scientific and clinical experience.
- Lab experience is a plus.
- Presentation skills are essential
- Sales negotiation skills
- Communication skills required for selling and support
- Monitoring and assessing performance of direct reports
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Management skills
- Should be able to lift 55-65 lbs. comfortably.
- Should be able to manage physical requirements necessary for extensive travel.
- Extensive Travel Required
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- This position requires successful completion of background checks, drug screens, and other such consumer reports as necessary for vendor credentialing purposes.