At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Technical Support Analyst!
The Service Desk is a collaborative support team. Team members assist with day-to-day IS (Information Systems) support activities for bioMerieux’s internal customers. Under the direction of the Service Desk Manager and the Team Lead/s, the Technical Support Analyst will research and resolve Incidents and Requests received primarily through the IS ticketing system. Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates operation of systems to provide technical direction and recommendations to improve utilization. They will support a variety of hardware and software solutions as well as aid in the testing, development, and rollout of solutions or projects as appropriate
All duties will be performed in collaboration with relevant team members and escalated as needed.
Ideal candidates will have exceptional customer service skills, exhibit patience, and demonstrate the ability to tailor support techniques to the needs of end-users.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of bioMerieux’s Quality System/s.
- Understand bioMerieux’s technical mission and overall mission to improve public healthcare.
- Monitor, triage, prioritize, and assign inbound tickets as incidents and requests to appropriate personnel.
- Participate in root cause analysis and postmortem assessments.
- Provide break-fix and day-to-day support for End Users, devices, services, and applications.
- Coordinate with local, regional, and global support team members for end user support, ticket resolution, and projects as needed.
- Oversee escalations when appropriate to ensure continuity of Services for End Users.
- Support soft & hard IMACD activities. Example scopes:
- PCs, printers, mobile devices, and related auxiliary systems.
- Antivirus, productivity software, and internally developed applications.
- Conduct periodic tests and reviews to ensure appropriate software and systems are being patched in accordance with Department policy.
- Manage asset lifecycle.
- Support and maintain user account information including rights, security, and systems groups
- Participate in/oversee Kiosk (ISpresso) activities as and where needed.
- Track and document all work, troubleshooting steps and resolutions per Support guidelines in company’s IS ticketing system/s, as well as staying up to date on said guidelines: SOPs, KB, SLAs, etc
- Act as a frontline contact with IS vendors to ensure a positive end-user experience.
- Assist with researching and suggesting solutions for ongoing process improvement. Including but not limited to: SOPs, SLAs, KPIs, KB
- Prioritize Incidents and Requests appropriately by utilizing ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information while ensuring defined Service Levels are maintained.
- As needed, and as assigned, assist with afterhours support activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position impacts business critical systems and applications. As such, the duties of this position may occasionally shift in order to meet those needs.
Training and Education
- CompTIA: A+, Network+, Security+; Microsoft certifications; ITIL® V3 or ITIL® V4 certifications; other relevant certifications
- Fundamental understanding of ITIL® processes is a strong plus
- Associates or Bachelors in a related technical field
- 2+ years working in a Service Delivery/Support environment.
- 1+ years maintaining Active Directory objects such as: users, computers, groups
- 1+ years printer and print server administration (label printer experience a plus)
- 6+ months vendor management experience
- 6+ months ServiceNow ITIL experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Basic IS (Information Systems) skills
- Strong understanding of troubleshooting methods
- Strong understanding of Windows systems and software support best practices
- Ability to manage IS projects under the direction of the Service Desk Manager, the Team Lead, and executive management
Customer service skills:
- Comport self in a friendly, professional, and responsive manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prioritize, assign, respond to, and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Manage expectations and professionally resolve difficult conversations
Other Soft Skills
- Motivated and self-directing, can-do attitude
- Team oriented personality: positive attitude and cooperative disposition
- Problem solving mentality and critical thinking skills
- Efficient planning and organization skills
Open to change; accepting of feedback, flexible
Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.