A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada. Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
Execute market research and intelligence initiatives that support and guide the bioMérieux US Clinical Marketing team’s strategic and tactical decision-making. Conduct market research, analyze internal and market data, and track market news to inform decision-making processes.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company quality procedures and standards.
- Market Research
- Execute quantitative and qualitative market research, managed in-house and/or in collaboration with 3rd party market research vendors. Projects will include brand tracking, customer satisfaction, and ad hoc assignments.
- Lead the following aspects of market research: questionnaire/discussion guide development, fieldwork, and data analysis.
- Contribute to all other aspects of market research, including: defining business requirements, identifying optimal methodology, synthesizing insights, and presenting results.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to support adoption of strategies and tactics resulting from research.
- Market Data
- Analyze internal and external databases to estimate/model market characteristics such as share, size, potential, and segmentation.
- Develop tools and trainings for fellow Clinical Operations team members to utilize the market data we collect.
- Track key performance indicators defined in annual brand plan/marketing action plan, and provide related ad hoc analysis.
- Competition News Tracking
- Monitor market news and trends through a variety of sources and compile periodic reports.
- Track competitive and market forces affecting bioMérieux’s business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Scope and Resources Accountability: US scope, no management.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): On-time delivery of market research and intelligence projects at expected level of quality. Ability to influence decision-making. Feedback from internal customers.
- Key Contacts (Internal/External) and Interfaces: US Clinical Marketing team and other US Clinical Operations leaders, Global Strategic Marketing team, and market research/consulting agencies.
Training and Education
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, statistics, economics, or data science. Other undergraduate degrees will be considered pending past work experience.
1-5 years of market research, market intelligence, analyst, or consulting experience. Experience in healthcare industry preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge, special skills and/or abilities required to perform the job functions (e.g., negotiation, technical writing; statistical evaluation).
- Strong communication skills with ability to translate business questions into data-related questions and effectively articulate data-driven answers.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data from a variety of sources into succinct and actionable insights.
- Ability to develop strong knowledge of US infectious disease diagnostics market, including basic comprehension of technical scientific topics.
- Understanding of primary market research methodologies.
- Strong proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Proficiency with some of the following and ability to learn the others upon hire: market research tools (e.g. Qualtrics), BI tools (e.g. Tableau), statistical analysis tools (e.g. SPSS), CRM tools (e.g. Salesforce), and market intelligence tools (e.g. Definitive Healthcare).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the year.