A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
Ensure products and services are developed, manufactured, tested and delivered according to the established procedures. Provides quality engineering support in the areas of deviation management, change control, internal auditing, quality trends, quality costs, training, corrective and preventive actions, process control, customer complaints, calibrations, documentation control to ensure compliance with the FDA and other regulatory requirements. Perform “Quality on the Floor” functions.
- Participate in regulatory and agency inspections, audits, investigations, and inquiries regarding the control and assessment of manufacturing quality. Participate in the site Internal audit and compliance review programs.
- Resolve, and trend department deviations, ensuring compliance of all records to quality procedures.
- Provide periodic trend reporting as required (QSMR, weekly and quarterly trending, monthly site metrics).
- Act as Quality contact for department risk management activities.
- Participate and provide guidance for supplier change checklists
- Act as a quality contact for evaluation of incoming QC and in-process materials. Ensure the disposition of non-conforming materials meet all site and regulatory requirements.
- Provide quality support and approval signatures for Validations, Verifications, Qualifications, and Technical Reports, as required.
- Review and approves First Article Inspection of components as part of “Quality on the Floor” reviews to assist production with compliance activities.
- Participate in site CAPA activities, including analysis of data and trends, nonconforming material, complaints, training effectiveness, and root cause analysis. Coordinates the implementation of corrective actions and preventive measures as needed.
- Provide input and approval in QC inspection methods as needed.
- Provide quality review/approval for change management activities.
- Review Bill of Material (BOMs), Assembly Procedures, Drawings, and Component Specification for accuracy.
- Monitor the manufacturing of assigned products, ensuring compliance with DMR while providing deviation/waiver guidance. Ensures complete and correct Device History Records are maintained through DHR review and periodic audits.
- Participate in the development and execution of training programs (GMP, risk analysis, statistics, etc.) as needed. Support continuous improvement and Global projects as needed
Education and Experience:
- BS in scientific or engineering field and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Manufacturing/Quality Engineering/Quality Systems
- 7 years relevant experience will be accepted in lieu of degree
- Competence in the selection and use of Quality Engineering Tools and Techniques.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Must have knowledge of the interpretation and application of relevant Domestic and International Regulations and Industry Standards (ISO, QSR, UL, CSA, VDE, etc.).
- Certification in one of the following is desired: CQE, CSQE, CRE, CQA, CBA, or Six Sigma Green Belt.
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).